3D Printing Inverted Pursuits Lab 3D File Repository

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBoyson

Inverted Pursuits Lab
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
Decided to start this thread as I will be dropping as many files as I can and wanted to keep things organized. Files will be uploaded to Thingiverse with some instructions and video build guides linked.

My most recent upload is a rocket I call VIPER 1. It is a cluster core design and has been flown several times over the last 2 years at Kloudbusters. I love this rocket because it's easy to fix when it breaks.
I will have a V2 being uploaded in a few months because I felt it was time.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5216549Here is a flight video:

Attachments

• Viper11.jpg
    Viper11.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 21
3D Printed Nose cones I've been using as replacements for ESTES and other rockets when they break. I will add more files to this as I make more.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5186963
Flew some on my Solar Sailer Replica Build:

Attachments

• NC Line Up.JPG
    NC Line Up.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 6
One of the 1st Rockets I ever designed was called 3D Higher. Fliers Note: Will blow itself in half it packed wrong for parachute deploy.
I've also flown variants of this rocket as Phoenix:

Only the most recently flown designs have been uploaded for you viewing.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5186750

Decided to start this thread as I will be dropping as many files as I can and wanted to keep things organized. Files will be uploaded to Thingiverse with some instructions and video build guides linked.

My most recent upload is a rocket I call VIPER 1. It is a cluster core design and has been flown several times over the last 2 years at Kloudbusters. I love this rocket because it's easy to fix when it breaks.
I will have a V2 being uploaded in a few months because I felt it was time.

Like it... I was tossing around something like that to use with fiberglass or plywood fins. Hadn't considered the clamshell approach.

I also have a housing for the ESTES Astrocam I made last year and flew several times including on L1 and an L2 cert flight.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5210064
Infinity Flight with Astrocam and mount:

Has anyone been able to print this? The model looks great, but when I load it up its like 2x3 mm in size (for all the size options). If I scale it by like 2000% it looks right, but Im not sure what the actual dimensions are supposed to be.

What software are you using? I looked at the 38-54 housing, and it appears the units are inches. Cura doesn't like this - always wants mm- so if you scale all dimensions by 2540% it should be right. (Assuming that's the tool you're using)

What software are you using? I looked at the 38-54 housing, and it appears the units are inches. Cura doesn't like this - always wants mm- so if you scale all dimensions by 2540% it should be right. (Assuming that's the tool you're using)

Flashprint, which also assumes mm. Ok so makes sense, thanks!

Ya, its common to have to scale a model by 2540% to go from mm to in. Hopefully everything works out as your printing. I'd love to see images once you're done!

Ya, its common to have to scale a model by 2540% to go from mm to in. Hopefully everything works out as your printing. I'd love to see images once you're done!
Yea I just didn’t realize what units it was in. I tried to open in fusion 360 but fusion kept crashing on me yesterday. Anyway I scaled and printed on 100% infill with some matte PLA. Turned out great. Just looking for some small removable rivets so I can attach without gluing. Have a custom super big Bertha under construction and this will fit on the payload section perfectly. I’ll post pics later. Thanks!!

One further question on this, what size screws is the lid designed to be closed with? I did find some nice small 2 mm plastic removable rivets so I'll post when I have it mounted, hopefully will work as a removable solution.

It's deigned for #2 screws, but its easy to drill it out a bit and use #4 screws. I believe I had found some brass #2 screws at the hardware store and designed around that because I liked it being small.

Back