Inventory Spreadsheet

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKPilot

Reaction score
Does anyone have a, model, inventory spreadsheet they'd like to share? One used for tracking their unopened kits.

No sense in recreating the wheel.

Would people be interested in a website where you could list this sort of thing? Partly bragging rights on what kits you own, part advertising so that people can find someone else with a particular kit to ask questions, and partly "willing to trade" site...

Troy I use one, it is a combo full inventory, and flight log in excel. do you have a 2003 v 2007 preference? I also have a separate file I use for motor usage. I'll try to remember to put it on my thumb drive tonight.

I have a flight record of how high each rocket flies on each motor. I take this paper with me when I launch. Pm me if you want to see it.

I have one on my home computer. Excel file. Nothing fancy, just a worksheet (tab) for each kit manufacturer, and on each sheet a column for kit number, name, quantity, price paid, built/unbuilt status and owner (me or one of my two sons). I use another file with the same format for plastic model kits. I have another spreadsheet that I use to maintain an inventory of rocket motors. It's even simpler - everything's on one page, grouped by diameter with rows for each impulse and delay combination that I own.

Just looked at mine and it needs some updating. But here you go, It's not necessary the most user friendly way to add new rockets but I wanted it to be both an inventory and a log.
I like the inclusion of recommended motors that you have in yours, though I think I'll integrate it into my main fleet list (like mikeyd's) rather than have it as a separate sheet. I have cards in my range box with that info, but it would be good to have a backup.

Dang, you have a lot of rockets!! 163 unbuilt kits? :eyepop:

Considering I started in about 1967, and still have my original, thanks to my parents having a basement they did not use, while I went away to school. It does not seem like so many. I just can't find time to build!

Mjennings, I like the different pages, so I had to update mine some.

View attachment ourRocketKits.xls

I've got a simple one I can send offline. Two "pages". First page is unbuilt, lists manufacturer, kit, and location, which for me is pretty important since I have a poopload and have trouble finding 'em. When I start working on one, the location goes to "bench".

Second page is finished birds, has mfgr, name, length, weight, chute, motor combos with estimated altitudes.

I also have pivot tables that offer up summaries of each, so I can see how many unbuilt kits I have by manufacturer, for example, as well as built ones.

Too big to post here, though--over 500 built ones now, probably in the neighborhood of 400 unuque unbuilt. If I added competition models, it would really be long :eek:.

Hey guys thanks for the spreadsheets. They'll help me out tremendously!

Glad you guys found it useful, I may have to go back and tweak it with some of what you guys have done too.

Back