Intruder

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSvolfan

Reaction score
I am also like many of you am a BAR. I have three sons who love to shoot rockets just like I did when I was a kid. We built some easy kits for the kids like Quest penetrator and and the nike smoke with the plastic fin can. I thought I would try a few kits to brush up my skills. First I built the quest icarus, aerobee hi and then the more challenging intruder.The card with the rocket said it was skill level three but it was a fairly easy build. I thought I would let you see a photo of this rocket because I think it looks really cool from the back. Right now I will not be able to paint any rockets because the weather has turned cold but when I get it painted I will post some more photos. Hey would any of you guys have any other ideas for alternate paint schemes for the intruder other than just gloss white.

I thought the intruder was a pretty neat design also. got a little lazy on the finishing, decided to make it a "Spacefighter" added Wing pods and painted her Black. sorry for the poor pic:(

Micromeister,
I like the wing pods thats a cool idea. What did you use for the pods, looks like air line plugs. I may try this on my intruder. I am thinking about painting the top white and the belly red or black.
I might even add a cockpit to the top.

Ha! Ha:
The pods are actually the little 1/4" dia. clear plastic tubes the Pentel mechanical pencil erasers come in. Hey no trash goes unflown:D

Yes a cockpit adds something, Sorry you really can't see the one I added, its an upscale of the paper canopy used on the old estes Star Blazer. I've got to take a better photo of the intruder:(

Micromiester,
Nice thought on those wing pods since that model was supposed to resemble the Estes Interceptor! I have a cool design to show you if I ever make it to another club meeting any time soon! When is the Christmas meeting?

Originally posted by rokitflite
Micromiester,
Nice thought on those wing pods since that model was supposed to resemble the Estes Interceptor! I have a cool design to show you if I ever make it to another club meeting any time soon! When is the Christmas meeting?

Yeah! but I got lazy on the finishing... the intent was to use lots of Chrome mylar and some orange/yellow Flourescents to make the thing really jump. I may finish it at some point;)
The Potluck christmas party is planned for Dec. 3, 7:30 -10:00pm at College Park Airport. Scott make a note Starting in January 2005 the club is moving the meetings to the first Saturday of the month 5:00pm til 10:00pm to include more building time;)

I finally finished with my Intruder. I decided to go with all white paint scheme. I added wing pods from another kit that were left over. The cockpit on the front was made from left over balsa from the fins and I used fill n finish around it to make it smooth. Here are a couple photos. I might try to launch it tommorow.

Back