Introduction post from Massachusetts, US

Sebbst

Reaction score
I have been building small, low power model rockets since I was 11, and I am now flying mid power kits with a mini club at my high school (unaffiliated with NAR or Tripoli). I am going to turn 18 in 2 years, and when I do I want to get my level 1 certification. I made an account on this forum to be able to ask questions if I need to and to read about other people's problems (so that I can avoid them).
- Seb

n3tjm

Papa Elf
Reaction score
Where in MA are you? You should look into CMASS.org. One of the top notch rocket clubs in the country. I do believe they have at least one or two more launches left in the year. Their Amesbury fields allows up to J sometimes K motors. I got my L1 and L2 there.

Sebbst

Reaction score
No doxxing but I'm planning on doing cmass for sure, everything else has a really low waiver. I'm not quite sure how to get in contact with them but I figure that it's going to be another few years before I need to worry about that.

smstachwick

LPR/MPR sport flier with an eye to HPR and scale
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I have been building small, low power model rockets since I was 11, and I am now flying mid power kits with a mini club at my high school (unaffiliated with NAR or Tripoli). I am going to turn 18 in 2 years, and when I do I want to get my level 1 certification. I made an account on this forum to be able to ask questions if I need to and to read about other people's problems (so that I can avoid them).
- Seb
Sounds fun! Welcome aboard.

NAR currently allows those at least 14 years old to certify at Junior Level 1. Tripoli has a similar option, the Tripoli Mentoring Program, for those at least 12.

I recommend doing a search for any questions you may have (requests for recommended L1 certification kits/designs are a dime a dozen in the HPR subforum, glue threads too), but people here generally tend to be knowledgeable and helpful.