Introduction..first post

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, my name is Charlie,32 and just starting out. I have purchased a Tandem x starter set that comes with the Amazon, the Crossfire isx, launch controller and pad. I still gotta get motors,wadding, glue and finishing supplies.
I wish there was a club closer to me but according to my research,there isnt one within 100 miles from me (Iola,ks). Kloudbusters is a tad over 3 hrs each way. I cant do that on a regular basis so im going to have to find someplace to launch from and save argonia for special ones. But anyways,im rambling. I just wanted to introduce myself and warn everyone that i ask a ton of questions lol.

Welcome to the forum Charlie. Lots to see and learn around here. Mostly a friendly bunch :). Actually it is an exceptionally well-behaved cohort of rocketry enthusiasts!

FYI, three hours each way is about what we travel here in Melbourne, Australia, to fly HPR.

Welcome to the forum Charlie!
I’ve built 4 high power rockets since rejoining the hobby, flown and certified to Level I on one of them. The remaining three have yet to fly.
The only reason is my launch site is about 5 hours away.
I think you”ll find most of us drive several hours for high power.
For the most part I am pretty quiet here on the forum, preferring to just lurk. Asking questions, so many folks here more than willing to help, and teach. I’ve learned tons!
Again, Welcome!

Welcome. After getting back into the hobby after a very long absence, finding this forum has been Golden!! You'll find tons of good info, tips, and tricks. And most likely an answer or two to questions you didn't know to ask.

Hey don’t worry about having no club nearby. I’m probably not even going to launch this year because whatever it is I do outside the hobby takes up all my time. I just buy stuff here and there, build with it, and come here to ask questions and post quasi-relevant gibberish. Still lots of fun!

Hi all, my name is Charlie,32 and just starting out. I have purchased a Tandem x starter set that comes with the Amazon, the Crossfire isx, launch controller and pad. I still gotta get motors,wadding, glue and finishing supplies.
I wish there was a club closer to me but according to my research,there isnt one within 100 miles from me (Iola,ks). Kloudbusters is a tad over 3 hrs each way. I cant do that on a regular basis so im going to have to find someplace to launch from and save argonia for special ones. But anyways,im rambling. I just wanted to introduce myself and warn everyone that i ask a ton of questions lol.
Hi Charlie, I'm Jim, Any questions you have we are here to help you the best we can. What got you interested in Rocketry? You bought a nice starter set. I would build the big rocket first, its the easier one to gain experience.

Hi Charlie, I'm Jim, Any questions you have we are here to help you the best we can. What got you interested in Rocketry? You bought a nice starter set. I would build the big rocket first, its the easier one to gain experience.
I was originally looking at getting into rc planes but the costs were just way too high. I actually didnt end up getting that kit..but another one with 2 rtf rockets. But i did purchase a big bertha,which im in the process of building it as i speak. Im currently working on gluing the fins on. Its slow going as im questioning my abilities..i want it to be perfect but its far from it

I was originally looking at getting into rc planes but the costs were just way too high. I actually didnt end up getting that kit..but another one with 2 rtf rockets. But i did purchase a big bertha,which im in the process of building it as i speak. Im currently working on gluing the fins on. Its slow going as im questioning my abilities..i want it to be perfect but its far from it
Bertha is a good starter rocket. Don't rush it. Take your time and it will come out right. My first rocket was a 17 inch 3 fin rocket called the "Astro 1". Me being too impatient to see it fly, I did not set the fins on the body tube in an equal distance.71cen12.jpg I was only 12 when I built it and it still flew nice with no problem.

Bertha is a good starter rocket. Don't rush it. Take your time and it will come out right. My first rocket was a 17 inch 3 fin rocket called the "Astro 1". Me being too impatient to see it fly, I did not set the fins on the body tube in an equal distance.View attachment 427592 I was only 12 when I built it and it still flew nice with no problem.
Thats a classic. I am taking my time but i got big plans lol

Back