Introducing the Cesaroni Pro54 Red Lightning reloads

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ddmobley

Reaction score
Introducing the Cesaroni Pro54 Red Lightning reloads

News Release by Cesaroni Technology Incorporated
Thursday, May 29, 2008

GORMLEY, Ontario CAN — The CAR Motor Certification Committee has tested and certified six new Pro54® reloads using our new Red Lightning™ propellant.

The Red Lightning Pro54®'s are characterized by a very bright red flame. The burn times are in between those of the Classic™ and Smoky Sam™ motors for maximum enjoyment of the motor burn. All motors feature CTI's adjustable delays and easy ignition system using an e match and booster pellet. As with all Pro54 motors prep and clean-up times are minimal.

The new motors:

<TABLE style="BORDER-RIGHT: gray 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: gray 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: gray 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: gray 1px solid" cellSpacing=4 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Type </TD><TD>Case </TD><TD>ITOTAL(Ns) </TD><TD>TBURN (s) </TD></TR><TR><TD>J240-16A </TD><TD align=middle>2G </TD><TD align=middle>806 </TD><TD align=middle>3.348 </TD></TR><TR><TD>J355-17A </TD><TD align=middle>3G </TD><TD align=middle>1190 </TD><TD align=middle>3.369 </TD></TR><TR><TD>K500-18A </TD><TD align=middle>4G </TD><TD align=middle>1596 </TD><TD align=middle>3.203 </TD></TR><TR><TD>K635-17A </TD><TD align=middle>5G </TD><TD align=middle>1994 </TD><TD align=middle>3.129 </TD></TR><TR><TD>K750-18A </TD><TD align=middle>6G </TD><TD align=middle>2352 </TD><TD align=middle>3.139 </TD></TR><TR><TD>L1030-P </TD><TD align=middle>6GXL </TD><TD align=middle>2788 </TD><TD align=middle>2.704 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

This is the fifth propellant available for our popular Pro54 line: Classic, Smoky Sam, Vmax™ and White Thunder™ reloads were already certified and all remain available. Red Lightning reloads for other CTI hardware sizes will be released shortly.

Pro54® is a registered trademark and Red Lightning™, Classic™, Smoky Sam™, Vmax™ and White Thunder™ are trademarks of Cesaroni Technology Incorporated in Canada.

1.jpg

Kewl!:cool:

I just picked up a Pro 54 6Grain case at NSL and may just need to try out the K750 when I do my L2 attempt!:D

Hmmm.... CTI is certing some nifty sounding stuff. I think one of the vendors that comes to our launches sells their stuff, I might have to give it a try. I like the delay adjustment, I've seen it done and it looks easy.

It is super easy! Set the tool to how many seconds LESS then the 'stock' delay and drill away! :D I used a Pro38 H143SS on my PML Matrix and took a SWAG at the delay and came up with 8 sounding like a good number.Motor comes 'stock' with a 13 second delay. I set the DAT(Delay Adjustment Tool) to -5 and drilled it out..Super easy!

BTW, the 8 second delay was perfect for the flight!:D

Thanks for the rundown Pantherjon. I was wondering what people did to figure out how to set the DAT. I haven't been up close on one yet. I like the ease of use on the CTI motors, the loads seem to cost a bit more, but you do seem to get something for your money. I'm used to AT and the delay being irritating to adjust (or even just get what the package said half the time) bothers me. Most of my HPR is DD, but I would like to be able to use the delay as a backup most of the time anyway. At least then if the electronics fail it comes down under drouge rather than balistic. :)

I'd like to get more 1 grain Pro-38 reloads, but all that I see anyone selling are the Classic and the Smokey Sam versions. Does anyone on the US side of the border sell any of the other three versions (Vmax, White Thunder or Red Lightning) online?

Also, what happened to the 1 grain Classic reload? It used to be a G69, but now I see it listed as a G46? Was it redesigned or reformulated?

Mark \\.

Wildman just got the new reds in yesterday, 1-grains too! maybe some white.

SShhhhh......don't tell anybody! But you better call fast. They are going quick.

G-60-14 red 23.95

Also the Mongoose 75's and 98's just a few....shhhh! in 2-3 week! Better get on the list.

Wildman just got the new reds in yesterday, 1-grains too! maybe some white.

SShhhhh......don't tell anybody! But you better call fast. They are going quick.

G-60-14 red 23.95
:cool: :cool: :cool:

Also the Mongoose 75's and 98's just a few....shhhh! in 2-3 week! Better get on the list.
Huh? The what...?

Mark \\.

What...? It was late at nite... to re-iterate:

First batch of red just came in.There are 1 grain reds,that you are looking for.

Pre orders are being taken for the big mongoose, as there has been much interst and only a very few will be in the first arrival. like the release of the 38 and 54, it will probably be awhile till demand is met. so the first to hear about it ,will get them.
Just happened both announcements came at the same time.

A 75mm or 98mm Mongoose.

Ben
Uh, OK... And a Mongoose is...? (Sorry, but I have no idea what you are talking about.)

I take it that you are not talking about this, right? (Or are you?) :confused:

And you are certainly not talking about this, either; am I correct? (These are all the mongeese that I know about.) :dontknow:

Mark \\.

How many geese could a mongoose goose if a mongoose could goose geese? :D

Mark \\.

Back