Introducing...HANK!! New design!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flying_silverad

Reaction score
TRF, this is Hank. Hank this is TRF. Now that the introductions are out of the way, lets get to the Specs.

Length-14"
Airframe-BT60
Propulsion- 2-18mm, Pick a pair...A8-3, B6-4, C6-5
Price-TBD
Beta Test-Schedulled
Recovery-parachute, 12"
Skill Level-3
Highlights- Kit will come with laser cut cluster centering rings, quality balsa cone and fin stock, mylar chute and plenty of Eye-Popping performance.

Take a bow hank...
Front

Back

ooohhh yeah. that's pretty nice.
Ya know, I just realized that I haven't built a side by side cluster yet, not counting the deuce of course. I'll have to move it up the list. :)

Tim

Originally posted by WiK
That looks good :)

Who's testin it?
I can't give the name of the person doing the Beta Test. I am letting whoever is doing the Beta test come forward on his or her own behalf. Kit will be sent to them next week.
That way they don't get flogged with e-mails.
I will give you a hint...they live in the northeast.

How many beta testers are there?

You say 'they,' which is plural, but then you say 'person,' which is singular. Confusing ;)

Oh, and I am sure whoever is testing the kit, will keep it quiet until that person has it built and flown the rocket.... so not to get bombarded with "how does she fly" and "got any pics" questions ;).

Kick-Butt design there John. :D

My first thought was of a FatBoy pumped to the gills with steroids, but OKTurbo beat me to it! ;)

Put me down for one of these! :D

Originally posted by n3tjm
How many beta testers are there?

You say 'they,' which is plural, but then you say 'person,' which is singular. Confusing ;)

Oh, and I am sure whoever is testing the kit, will keep it quiet until that person has it built and flown the rocket.... so not to get bombarded with "how does she fly" and "got any pics" questions ;).

It was meant to be confusing...they...them...he...she...:D

...to protect the guilty!;)

This morning the weather was good, so I decided that I was going to launch the hank. I grabbed some A8-3's, B6-4's, and C6-5s, my relay launcher, and battery. I charged the battery, but I knew the battery was on its last legs. I went to work... and why I was at work, I asked my friend Sean if he wanted to help me after work to launch some rockets, while I took some pictures. Sean said he had plans. Later on I saw Micheal... so I thought it won't hurt to ask. She said sure... After work, she said her friend April was coming too... but I noticed dark clouds looming in...

Will the rains hold back...

will the battery work...

Well... Micheal, April (very nice looking lady), and I went over to Salem High, and got everything set up.

https://n3tjm.crosswinds.net/Missile-aneuos/Hank/Hank_Ready.jpg

Then the rain/ice started falling... not much time....

5... 4... 3... 2... 1... click click click click click click click

NOOOO! The battery is flaking out :(

Well, lets bypass the relay. I took the launch controler wire, ripped them off the contectors... connected one end to the igniters, the other end Micheal connected to the battery when the countdown ended.

Hank_1A.jpg

The battery only had enough umph left to fire one of the A8-3's. Hank had a balistic flight with no damage.

Disappointment... Rain... Shot Battery... One motor fired.... and did not get April's phone number....

You just never know what will happen during a test flight. But, the up shot is, I now know how it will handle a low end, single motor. In a way, the test was a sucess!!:D

Now....where did I put that clip whip????:D

Dang...the Hank got to fly off of the SuperPad! Doug, ya gotta give in to the Porta Pad II every now and again. ;) Sorry about the dismal afternoon.

That's a nice looking bird...next flight should be better. Is the J-350 mod the reason you wanted the 32" chute for Hank :D

Edward

I don't think a 32" p-chute could fit in the hank ;). I figured if the Super Pad can handle a K950... then it can handle the Hank! :D

Great launch photo Doug, as we have come to expect from you! Glad Hank survived to fly another day.

I did some work with my relay launcher... and vaporized some copperheads with it... it works fine now... but next time I will bring a spare battery just in case...

I would of flown it again today.. but my car is in the shop :(. Maybe after work on Wednesday... if I have my car back in time, and the weather is good.

I did some work with my relay launcher... and vaporized some copperheads with it... it works fine now... but next time I will bring a spare battery just in case...

I would of flown it again today.. but my car is in the shop :(. Maybe after work on Wednesday... if I have my car back in time, and the weather is good.

Cool. I checked weather and it looks like Wednesday is supposed to be the better of the two....at least around here. Although since we live in NE...that could change. I might even have to get out and smoke a little BP!!:D

Today after work, the weather looked good. It was a bit breezy, but the rest of the week looks like rain. So I decided to give Hank another Try :). The field at Salem high was being used, so I went to the school that Jakes kids go to.

First flight was with dual A8-3's. Great flight... got the kids on the playgrounds attention. Landed near the field with the p-chute. I reloaded the Hank with dual B6-4's, replaced the chute with a streamer, and tilted the rocket into the wind more... Picture perfect flight! The kids loved it, and it really got up there!

Dual_B6-4_Hank_Closeup.jpg

Liftoff of the Hank with B6-4's

The Hank landed off the field, but I found it next to a driveway across the street.

Finally, the Hank is loaded with dual C6's.

https://n3tjm.crosswinds.net/Missile-aneuos/Hank/Ready_2_go.jpg

What an AWESOME flight! Dual C6-5's really sound cool! I lost sight of it, so did the kids. I spent some time looking for the Hank... but I ended up coming home empty handed.

Ok... I admit it... I am the beta tester of the Hank

Doug,

Beta-testers should smile more..... :D

Nick

That is an AMAZING liftoff picture, Doug! It sounds like it flies great! I hope that you can build another one from patterns!

I can't wait till this one comes out! It looks very cool....and is begging for a upscale to BT-80...mwa ha ha ha ha ha! :D :D :D

Jason

I think that would make a great upscale! We can call it BIG HANK

I will charge one bizillion gillion dollars!! mwa hah hahah !! Maybe we'll call it Evil hank!!:D

Back