International Rocket Week 2009

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Astroscot

Reaction score
To all rocketeers.

This is just to let you know that the full details of this International Rocket Week 2009 (IRW 2009) - Monday 24th to Monday 31st August - in Scotland, are now up on the event web pages at www.irw.rocketry.org.uk

If you are interested in, or are planning to attend IRW 2009, and need further information, have queries about the event, or require clarification about anything on the web pages, please get in touch with me, either by posting here or as per the Contact page at the above link.

I hope that the IRW 2009 event may be of interest to you if you do not already know about it.

Yours sincerely,

John Bonsor,
IRW 2009 Organiser.

Dear John,

will it take place 2010 again?

I got an inquiry from someone in Sweden who wants to attend an international event this year.

Greetings,

Oliver

Dear John,

will it take place 2010 again?

I got an inquiry from someone in Sweden who wants to attend an international event this year.

Greetings,

Oliver

as far as i'm aware it should be taking place again, UKRA has not posted anything yet.

It's technically not a UKRA event, although UKRA is the most likely place to see any official announcements.

I'm going, my leave is already booked off work, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Thanks for this information! Hope we´ll see any official announcements soon?

How about K-Lob (see other thread) and/or UKRA this year?

Thanks for this information! Hope we´ll see any official announcements soon?

How about K-Lob (see other thread) and/or UKRA this year?

UKRA and Midland Rocketry will be having a joint launch weekend called October Sky, although it will probably be in September this year. dates have yet to be confirmed.

Ok, let´s hope we see some confirmation soon.

I'll query the date with Midlands and post back with the news either way.
i'll away from home at the moment so it might be a good few days before i can ask.

I just noticed this on the UKRA public forum section - https://www.ukra.org.uk/node/1354 (you should be able to view that?). Looks like confirmation of IRW 2010 to me! :)

Cheers,
Phil (impatiently waiting for August)

@Gillard: Thanks for your efforts and take your time!

@Phil, great link - until now I didn´t even know UKRA has an own forum ;)

So I guess John will update his website sooner or later?

99% of the UKRA forum is only viewable by paid-up UKRA members. I think that visitors can only see that post?

https://irw.rocketry.org.uk is the most official site, which Colin will no doubt update with 2010 event at some point (it redirects to 2009 still), although the details are the same (except dates of course).

I'll be booking my travel very soon.

Back