International motorshipping... it's unlikely I know.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well the title says it all and I'm probably just wishful thinking and making a total joke of myself but the real joke is the supply and the verity.

Is there any company, system, loophole or anything that is totally 100% legal and open too ship model rocket motors internationally?

Any manufacture who can internationally ship will have a website with contact.
Tell them what you want and they will tell you how and if it can be done.
To do legally I believe export and import permits are required.
There may be a vendor in your country who can save a lot of problems.

Any manufacture who can internationally ship will have a website with contact.
Tell them what you want and they will tell you how and if it can be done.
To do legally I believe export and import permits are required.
There may be a vendor in your country who can save a lot of problems.
There is vendor but I don't really like dealing with them. I'll try contacting though.

it's one thing to ship out of a country, it's an entirely different thing to ship into a country.

You need to check the origin's country export regulations. You also need to check your country's import regulations.

Estes, AT and CTI motors have found their way to European dealers, so basically they can be legally exported and shipped. Shipping hazardous materials internationally is not cheap, from what I've heard. The manufacturers also might have exclusive distribution agreements. It's my understanding (might be wrong here) that this applied at least to Estes and Aerotech in the past and it might still so as of now. CTIs importer passed away, so I'm unsure about the current status. ATs CE certification is expired and currently in the process of being renewed. Until this is completed, they can't be imported into the EU (if this applies to you).

Reinhard

it's one thing to ship out of a country, it's an entirely different thing to ship into a country.

You need to check the origin's country export regulations. You also need to check your country's import regulations.
Yeah, I know the basics and it's legal too import and if there is a distributor who does international I will get all on it.

Estes, AT and CTI motors have found their way to European dealers, so basically they can be legally exported and shipped. Shipping hazardous materials internationally is not cheap, from what I've heard. The manufacturers also might have exclusive distribution agreements. It's my understanding (might be wrong here) that this applied at least to Estes and Aerotech in the past and it might still so as of now. CTIs importer passed away, so I'm unsure about the current status. ATs CE certification is expired and currently in the process of being renewed. Until this is completed, they can't be imported into the EU (if this applies to you).

Reinhard
I don't live in Europe (New Zealand) and yeah exclusive agreements and Estes and Aero Tech is what I'm mostly interested in.
The thing is what appears too be the guy doing doesn't get everything and quite frankly I don't like the idea of just one guy doing it.

Latest posts

Back