Interesting Site for Photo Measurement

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigMacDaddy

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Found this interesting site for measuring dimensions from photos / images. The first dimension you measure is your 1.0 scale. I used the width of the body tube since that was going to scale this to a BT-80 main tube. If you know the length or other dimension of your scale rocket / missile you could use this. You can export your dimensions as a table from the site and can save the image with your annotations.

https://eleif.net/photo_measure.html
1658277178348.png

Here are some side views of the LOBBER.
Diameter is 10".

Attachments

• Lobber (1).jpg
    Lobber (1).jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Lobber (2).jpg
    Lobber (2).jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Lobber (3).jpg
    Lobber (3).jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 0
Definitely a useful link. Thanks! Just tried it to see how close I was on an upcoming scale build and I was close, but this helped tweak the sim just a bit more.

The LOBBER was an interesting rocket. There were at least two versions. One had folding fins, while another had fixed fins.

I have a bunch of images, but never found any drawings to work from.

Dave F.

That's an interesting site. I do the same thing in autocad but this could be more direct. If you can export the dimensions to a table then you can scale them pretty easily in a spreadsheet.

Found this interesting site for measuring dimensions from photos / images. The first dimension you measure is your 1.0 scale. I used the width of the body tube since that was going to scale this to a BT-80 main tube. If you know the length or other dimension of your scale rocket / missile you could use this. You can export your dimensions as a table from the site and can save the image with your annotations.

https://eleif.net/photo_measure.html
Great project and photo. But it seems to me better to edit using professional programs. To my knowledge, depositphots.com is a powerful graphics editing program that has many of the same features and tools as Adobe Photoshop. It is a great option for many customers due to its varied features and superior performance. By the way, I discovered this software while browsing forums on this topic, which were recommended to me by several of my friends. This application allowed me to implement my project.View attachment 528545
Cool photos!

In solidworks cad program there is a function where you draw a line with a known length.
for example a cinder block. you then insert a photo that has a cinder block in it along with other items
then you resize the image till the cinder block length matches the length of the line drawn . Then any other
object in the same drawing you draw a line that matches the length in the drawing and it will give you the measurement
of the second object as it relates to the length of the cinder block

Back