interesting rocketry email

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketsonly

Reaction score
At the current moment, my Rocketry Club at school has three members including myself (all three of us are also make up the Greenhill School TARC team). Because of the great turn out to the Veteran's Day rocket launch, I figured there were others who were also interested in rocketry. Thus, I sent a mass email to the entire upper school:

AS (ante script?): I have no idea what the title is supposed to mean, but it sounded funny, and knowing the upper school students at my school, they only open emails that a) relate to themselves, or b) are funny. Surprisingly enough, over 210 people have read it (or atleast opened it) so far!

-----------------------------------------
Title: Dude, launch me a rocket!
Attachments: (some attachement on this thread)

First, look at the attached picture. Now isn't that unbelievably cool?

Well, if you said 'yes', then you should join the Rocketry Club!

And if you said 'no', then read on.

Now, what can one do at a Rocketry Club meeting? A ton! Meetings will include designing, building, and launching rockets sized anywhere from the famous tiny Mosquitos, to the crazy surface to air missiles used by the military. With the Rocketry Club, you'll be allowed to create your dream missile, without setting yourself on the terrorists watch list.

Come join us at our next meeting on A-day (Monday) at Room #209 during Bagel Break.

Matthew
--------------------------------

Terrorists watch list... As in the terrorists are scared of you or the govt thinks your a terrorist? Neither sounds very apealing to me :eek:

The "missiles" bit may be a little misleading... Im pretty sure the majority of highschoolers will want to blow a shed up with one of those things... Dont want to give them the wrong idea... :eek:

Other than that, sounds great! Good luck!

Originally posted by Neil
Terrorists watch list... As in the terrorists are scared of you or the govt thinks your a terrorist? Neither sounds very apealing to me :eek:

The "missiles" bit may be a little misleading... Im pretty sure the majority of highschoolers will want to blow a shed up with one of those things... Dont want to give them the wrong idea... :eek:

Other than that, sounds great! Good luck!

Haha, yes, the email doesn't make much sense, but a few people have been IMing me saying it was pretty funny (including this girl I have a crush on :D). So I guess it worked. Now we'll see how many people show up tomorrow!

Woo hoo! 336 read emails, and 1 deleted email! I think we have around 420 kids in the Upper School. Unfortunetley, only three new kids came to the meeting today.

With 3 more kids is a good start. We have done make and Take for 50 kids before and had only 1 come back even it that.

rocketsonly,

You DOUBLED the size of your club with only one email?

OK, I'm impressed! :D

Latest posts

Back