Interesting rocket powered/RC lifting body rocket on ebay

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sheri

Reaction score
This is a pretty neat model, uses water controlled ballast for the cg.
ebay rocket link

86d6_1.JPG

Looks like a neat project!!!:D

I am curious to see how it flies. It almost look like it won't but images can be decieving.

If its cheap enought, you should buy it and post its flights on the forum. That would be a neat thread.

It looks like an old NASA lifting body from the 60s. I'd like to see how well it flies too.

Looks neat enough, but 29x20 w/h?? Drag's going to be a killer on any real rocket boost, almost like a saucer indeed.

Probably would glide really 'hot' as well.

I don't think it would get high off the ground. It looks ike a 29mm mmt and that thing looks pretty big for a G motor

I'm wondering if it's supposed to be dropped off an R/C airplane.

I don't know who built this one but there was a guy I met a few years back, at NARAM 38, who was really into lifting bodies. He had built several versions including an R/C version. They all flew quite well. His name was MAc McGarrigle. Don't know what happened to him, I haven't seen him since NARAM 39.

Rocketbiker

Originally posted by runandgun13
I don't think it would get high off the ground. It looks ike a 29mm mmt and that thing looks pretty big for a G motor
I was thinking that also, must be pretty heavy!

Back