Interesting Ebay Experience...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rokitflite

Reaction score
Maybe you could buy it back and save on the shipping!

It is kind of strange, you would think he would wait until he has it in hand before re listing it.

Has he paid for it?

So I sold a Saturn V on Ebay last night with a buy it now of $129.99... It sold in 10 minutes.

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&item=300303947931

The same guy who bought it, not 10 hours later puts it up for auction with MY picture and title! I have not even sent the model to him yet and he's selling it?!:confused:

https://cgi.ebay.com/Estes-Limited-...oryZ2567QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Scott,

In the future maybe you should consider selling in in the YORF auction.

Hopefully there is a bit less of THAT going on there.;)

At least it might give it a nicer home.

Scott, here's an evil plan.

Empty the box and fill it with scraps. Offer to "drop ship" it to the new buyer.

No...that's just too evil.

I saw a saturn V selling for $250 a month ago on ebay and it sold in a week, maybe you should have asked more for it.

It might be that he has a saturn V that has some damaged parts, and now that he's got yours, he's going to pass off his to some unsuspecting person, using your phote, 'cos he's lazy

The same guy who bought it, not 10 hours later puts it up for auction with MY picture and title! I have not even sent the model to him yet and he's selling it?!:confused:

Wow, and he's already making a profit!

So I sold a Saturn V on Ebay last night with a buy it now of $129.99... It sold in 10 minutes.

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&item=300303947931

https://cgi.ebay.com/Estes-Limited-...oryZ2567QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Guess you haven't heard of capitalism. Buy low, sell high. Nothing wrong with that.

The only thing wrong here I see is using your own personal photos.

Yes, you probably should have listed it higher in price!

My issue is that he listed it WITH my pictures, title AND description... And he didn't even wait until I sent him the kit before he put it up for sale!:rolleyes:

My issue is that he listed it WITH my pictures, title AND description... And he didn't even wait until I sent him the kit before he put it up for sale!:rolleyes:

Yeah, if they're your photos, than i would take issue with that too.

Actually, if it was me, i'd do the following:

1. Wait until his item sells before shipping.
2. Then after he sells his item, simply send him an email that "upon closer inspection, i've discovered some missing / broken pieces", therefore because i'm honest, i'm letting you know and allowing you to back out of the sale if you wish.
3. If he thinks your bluffing and declines, then simply break some pieces of remove some others before shipping. Nothing he can do at that point since you told him exactly what was wrong, and now he has the problem of working it out with the other buyer.

Thats what i would do.

$%^%ing A!

Scott I had the same thing happen to me . The guy used the same pics from my auction but at leased he waited until a few weeks after he recieved the item before selling it.

He did sell it for a whole bunch more than I sold it to him.

I wasn't real happy but what can ya do.

Scott I had the same thing happen to me . The guy used the same pics from my auction but at leased he waited until a few weeks after he recieved the item before selling it.

You can do something about it. Report the copyright violation through eBay's "VeRO" program:

https://pages.ebay.com/help/confidence/vero-rights-owner.html

-- Roger

Scott,
In the future maybe you should consider selling in in the YORF auction.
Hopefully there is a bit less of THAT going on there.;)
At least it might give it a nicer home.
I pretty much said the same thing over at YORF and he practically bit my head off (because, he said, I don't post pictures of my builds).
Glad to see he was a little more civil with you, even if that meant ignoring your post completely.
Der Red Max said:
if you just wanted $129.99,
why wouldn't you post it here on YORS auction and
let someone one who's more likely to appreciate it and
even build it purchase it?

You're doing it wrong!

1. Build it.
2. Slap a crummy paint job on it.
3. "Buy It Now" price of $800.

I pretty much said the same thing over at YORF and he practically bit my head off (because, he said, I don't post pictures of my builds).
Glad to see he was a little more civil with you, even if that meant ignoring your post completely.

Not really, I just said you are all talk. I've seen no evidence that you do anything in the hobby other than make sarcastic comments in other people's threads. You are telling me what I should do when you don't do it yourself. As I asked before... Have you sold anything on YORA? Have you bought anything off of YORA? Sandman has and does all the time. I respect his opinion... And not yours.

Last edited:

Yeah... And that is what REALLY gets me. He did not bother to wait until he received the model before putting it up for auction... What If UPS mangles it? What if it gets lost or something? He will be taking someone's money BEFORE he has something to give to them. I think THAT is wrong. I put another Saturn up anyway... And his second place bidder is now the high bidder on mine;).

I had something similar happen once, except I was scammed. Sold some tickets on E-bay. Buyer duplicated ( he did make some slight changes) my auction (while my auction was in progress) unbeknownst to me. The buyer (scammer) of my auction paid through paypal and (turns out) used the buyer of his auction as the send to address for my auction for the tickets. When I questioned the address not being confirmed he gave me some plausible excuse so I mailed the tickets anyway (I shipped to his buyer). A few months later Paypal debitted my account because this scam artist reversed the charges through his credit card company claiming he never got it. After much hassling with Paypal I was screwed because I didn't ship to a confirmed address. Of course I didn't realize what was going on at the time and figured it out ater the fact when I spotted the duplicate auction on this guys feedback page after I had been ripped off. Ebay shut him down but Paypal still would not remunerate me. I contacted the buyer of his auction whom I had shipped to and this person was pretty much oblivious to the whole thing and didn't really care.

Moral of the story: Never ship to an unconfirmed address with Paypal, ever, ever.

Last edited:
I had something similar happen once, except I was scammed. Sold some tickets on E-bay. Buyer duplicated ( he did make some slight changes) my auction (while my auction was in progress) unbeknownst to me. The buyer (scammer) of my auction paid through paypal and (turns out) used the buyer of his auction as the send to address for my auction for the tickets. When I questioned the address not being confirmed he gave me some plausible excuse so I mailed the tickets anyway (I shipped to his buyer). A few months later Paypal debitted my account because this scam artist reversed the charges through his credit card company claiming he never got it. After much hassling with Paypal I was screwed because I didn't ship to a confirmed address. Of course I didn't realize what was going on at the time and figured it out ater the fact when I spotted the duplicate auction on this guys feedback page after I had been ripped off. Ebay shut him down but Paypal still would not remunerate me. I contacted the buyer of his auction whom I had shipped to and this person was pretty much oblivious to the whole thing and didn't really care.

Moral of the story: Never ship to an unconfirmed address with Paypal, ever, ever.

I will remember that!

troll.jpg

First, we’d like to ask that you respect each individual for their thoughts, ideas, and opinions. TRF is not your local bar or pub. Remember, we’re all here to share and learn from each other. Everyone hopefully remembers the time when they bought their first model rocket. It was an exciting and new venture where you had a general idea of what to expect, but probably had a lot of questions going through your mind. We want those questions brought up and discussed here without fear of belittling, attack, or reprisal. We insist our members act in a responsible manner and maintain the “family friendly” atmosphere here on TRF.

First, we’d like to ask that you respect each individual for their thoughts, ideas, and opinions. TRF is not your local bar or pub. Remember, we’re all here to share and learn from each other. Everyone hopefully remembers the time when they bought their first model rocket. It was an exciting and new venture where you had a general idea of what to expect, but probably had a lot of questions going through your mind. We want those questions brought up and discussed here without fear of belittling, attack, or reprisal. We insist our members act in a responsible manner and maintain the “family friendly” atmosphere here on TRF.

Mikus, I think you. You have hit the nail between the eyes.

And thank you for reiterating the TRF policy.

One more escalation and points will be awarded to deserving parties.

You are warned.

Last edited:
Well, the guy sold it for a $36 profit before ebay & paypal fees. Based on what mine sold for the fees were between $12-$15. So, he made just over $20 bucks... Not what he was hoping for I am sure.

Well, the guy sold it for a $36 profit before ebay & paypal fees. Based on what mine sold for the fees were between $12-$15. So, he made just over $20 bucks... Not what he was hoping for I am sure.

Not the best business decision ever made but a profit is a profit.:rolleyes:

So if he can do that 20 or 30 times a week he may even do better than his unemployment benefits.;)

Yeah, he didn't profit much, but the prices keep going up.

E-bay is making all the money. In the era of the e-commerce Gold Rush, they are selling shovels and pans to all the miners...

Storefront fees, buy it now fees, paypal fees, listing fees... They're making money hand over fist. I tell ya, though... If I could I would too.

Back