Interesting day

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray Dunakin

Reaction score
Today my wife and I took a little trip up to Julian, a small, historic mining town in the mountains of eastern San Diego County. No real mining goes on there anymore, although there used to be a really nifty mine tour. Now the town is mostly famous for apple pies and quaint shops.

As always, we had a good time there. What was really interesting though, was a film crew shooting scenes for a movie right in the middle of town! Something called "The Death and Life of Bobby Z", starring Laurence Fishburne and Paul Walker ("Fast and Furious").

We had to leave shortly after they got started, and didn't see any actors we recognised, but it was still cool. They had at least 3-4 truckloads of equipment, lots of guys with walkie-talkies trying to keep people out of the shot, big fancy Panavision cameras on dollies, monitors, sound crew, etc.

Originally posted by Ray Dunakin
...big fancy Panavision cameras on dollies, monitors, sound crew, etc.

If you want to see a film crew blow a gasket, smear vaseline all over the lenses inside and out. Get the eye piece optics too. They'll be cleaning that crap for hours.

:kill:

It'd also be a good way to get yourself shot, tourtured, beaten to death or any combination thereof.

-DAllen

When they shot War of the worlds here in CT, It seemed everyone that didnt try to go and see tom cruise was out of the loop... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Hospital_Rocket
Tom who?

That crazy guy on Oprah. ;)

He should get together with Screamin' Dean. They could call themselves the Loony Two. It would be like the Three Stooges, but with less dignity.

Steven speilburg shot a scene for some movie at a Jewlery store a few blocks from my house. My bus goes right past that every morning, and the one morning I dont take the bus he shows up. :p figures

Back