Interceptor G parts wanted

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timster68

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I had an NCR Interceptor G in my basement and some mice made their home in it - so I tossed it - this was 10 years ago. I can’t find the plans or any idea of how to build one today. Besides spending a ton of cash on one (which I may or may not get permission for) how can I build one now?

I think the NCR Interceptor G used the plastic bits from the Estes Titan IIIe. Boyce Aerospace may have 3D printed versions of those.

I've attached a scan of the instructions. The main body tube and nose cone I believe are the same as the 2.5" PSII versions currently available from Estes. The booster nose cones and nozzles are from the Estes Titan IIIe kit. You would have to get those 3D printed (Boyce Aerospace?). The parts on the plastic tree are from the Estes Mercury-Atlas. Those would be the hardest to get or reproduce. I have a scan of the decals that I'll post later. I still need to scan the fins. If you are looking for a reasonable substitute kit, look at the Sirius Rocketry Interrogator G.

Attachments

• Estes_NCR_Interceptor_G_Instructions.pdf
    3.7 MB · Views: 49
Attached are the decal scans. I still need to locate the scans I did of the fins.

Attachments

• Estes_NCR_Interceptor_G_Decals_1.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 27
  • Estes_NCR_Interceptor_G_Decals_2.pdf
    3.2 MB · Views: 20
Attached are the decal scans. I still need to locate the scans I did of the fins.

Thanks for those! If I can get a set arranged to fit on 8 1/2 x 11 pages the long awaited refinish of my "G" will begin directly! And that provides inspiration to get busy on building the "E" as well.

I've attached a scan of the instructions. The main body tube and nose cone I believe are the same as the 2.5" PSII versions currently available from Estes. The booster nose cones and nozzles are from the Estes Titan IIIe kit. You would have to get those 3D printed (Boyce Aerospace?). The parts on the plastic tree are from the Estes Mercury-Atlas. Those would be the hardest to get or reproduce. I have a scan of the decals that I'll post later. I still need to scan the fins. If you are looking for a reasonable substitute kit, look at the Sirius Rocketry Interrogator G.
You won't believe this, but I actually have the Mercury-Atlas kit - unbuilt. I wonder how I can get the part tree reproduced?

I found someone has added the parts for several Estes rockets into Thingverse. I found the Atlas parts and the Titan III nose cones and engine cones while searching on Estes. I'm going to get all of them printed.

And now I found part for the Interceptor E on Thingverse and am working on scaling up the tail cone to fit the body tube for the "G". Can someone give me the measurements of the tail cone of the "G"? I can guess it needs to fit the 2.5" body tube.

And now I found part for the Interceptor E on Thingverse and am working on scaling up the tail cone to fit the body tube for the "G". Can someone give me the measurements of the tail cone of the "G"? I can guess it needs to fit the 2.5" body tube.
The tail cone of the Interceptor G is 1.40" long, and yes it needs to fit the 2.5" body tube.

Note the difference in appearance of the G vs. E tail cones. The E tail cone is scaled up from the regular Interceptor, while the G tail cone is a re-design. The ribs of the E tail cone are much wider than the spaces between them. And the aft ends of the G tail cone ribs are rounded.

1598785513152.png

Best -- Terry
EDIT: ribs are WIDER than the spaces between them. Fixed

Last edited:
Back