• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Interceptor E Scans

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kruegon

Reaction score
[FOUND!] As I can't seem to get my hands on one, I need a scan of everything for an Interceptor E. I guess I'll have to just try to clone it. That is, unless someone has one for sale for a reasonable price.

Last edited:
I highly doubt it. I frequently get a "ghost" page like this from AC Supply when I search for a kit that went OOP in the last few years. You will not find this kit in their current list of available kits or the relevant page of rockets, prices by skill level. It always makes me regret that I did not purchase the kit from them way back when. The going price for an Interceptor E kit seems to be more like $50-$60. I do not have one, but have been looking.

Perhaps I should sell it to you and let you provide the scans Kruegon wants.
Thanks. I hadn't really planned to built soon, but if the price is right then yes I would promise to open it and scan for all. There are a couple on eBay right now, but as noted they can be pricey.

Kruegon, the instructions and part numbers are available. Is what you need a nice quality scan of the balsa and decals, basically?

Well I've been searching for one for a while. I checked eBay. I can't find any. I can find the skins for them. But yes high res scans of the balsa and decals. Trying to figure out a way to reproduce some of the parts too.

LW Bercini, I sent you a message but haven't received a response yet.

Well I've been searching for one for a while. I checked eBay. I can't find any. I can find the skins for them. But yes high res scans of the balsa and decals. Trying to figure out a way to reproduce some of the parts too.

We're just working on shipping and payment, I think, and when I have the kit in hand I will make your scans for you.

Several ideas. First, Estes had the Cosmic Interceptor on sale for a very long time for $16. You'd get tube and now cone at least. They are out of stock but this happens frequently on sale items. However, hard to know if it get re-stocked. Another source for nose cone and tube is Estes Trajector kit. AC Supply should have those at 40% off.

Several ideas. First, Estes had the Cosmic Interceptor on sale for a very long time for $16. You'd get tube and now cone at least. They are out of stock but this happens frequently on sale items. However, hard to know if it get re-stocked. Another source for nose cone and tube is Estes Trajector kit. AC Supply should have those at 40% off.

Estes direct is currently the cheapest source for the Trajector - also part of the current sale. Also $16, and in stock.

Looks like you guys have this worked out, but for anyone else looking, checkout https://accur8.com/ and EBay seller accur8. John Pursley not only makes some nice skins for the interceptor E, but also provides details on how to clone on out of the cosmic interceptor. I've got 2 skin kits in the build pile. I'm nearly complete on one of his Rognorak skinned designs based on the Cosimc parts as well. It's one of the coolest mid-power rockets ever in my opinion!

Jack

Kruegon,
Are you all set for Interceptor E then?

I'm set. This fine gentleman was courteous enough to part with some kits so that I didn't have to clone it.

And I received my kits today. Thank you. They're pristine.

LW took good care of me. Thanks to him, I have both an Interceptor and an Interceptor E. and he kept it in a price range I could afford.

Thanks. It got me my L2. Now I can look at flying a K in it.

Back