Interceptor clone

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lookin' great Drew! Those bottom wing decals that wrap to the body tube for the landing gear doors are probably the most difficult to get right. It gets a bit easier as you go along because there are less and less decals to pick from and find a place for.

The Interceptor is one of my all time favorites. I may have to build me a "regular" sized one.....and a MMX version from MicroClassics....and a 3" version....and a....:D :D :D

FYI...when using jpg files...everytime you save it, you will lose resolution...even if you didn't edit or change anything on the picture. JPG files are small because of the compression that happens when you save it. If you take a jpg file and do nothing but save it to disc a few times the resolution will go down dramatically. If I need to do editing or resizing, I'll do it as a tiff file....then save it to jpg.

John

Thanks, John. Seeing your upscale gave me the kick to finish this - that and Fred getting the decals out.
You're right about those bottom wing decals. I started with those to get them over with! Fred's decals respond really well to MicrSol and look fantastic.
I use Canon sofware that came with my dig camera to reduce the size of the files for posting. Sometimes the resolution stays quite sharp; other times it gets a bit jagged as this last one.
Drew

Finally! Just needs a coat of Future. Thanks again, Phred, for allowing me to finally finish this thing! I'll get a better, outdoor shot once this torrential downpour stops.
Drew

Here's a closeup of the Moldin' Oldies cone. Again, the set I received was really well done.
Drew

Beautiful job Drew! It really looks nice! That one looks like a good one to run around the house with making "whoosh" noises...

Jason

She turned out FANTASTIC Drew! Congrats.

One of the all time classic model rocket designs....and one of the hardest to clone. Great job.

Thanks, everyone! Actually, it's a pretty straightforward clone with the Moldin' Oldies parts and Excelsior decals. The toughest part is getting the fins aligned right; working with a scanned copy of the original cardboard guide is tricky. Yes, it's been zoomed around the room a few times, by me and my son!
Drew

Back