Instructions

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwingWing

Reaction score
Usually I'm pretty good at following instructions, but maybe you guys can help me out with these :confused:

I had my speed fasted once. Still recovering from that one.

As I read it :

Process To Run A Steam Boat

The steam boat has two pipes at the back of the boat. First of all, fill one of the pipes with water until it comes out of the other pipe, next to it. Then put the boat on water. Light the candel wick and place it inside the toy. In a minute, the steamboat will heat the water which will make it evaporate & turn into steam, it should start to run. The water in the pipe will be evaporated quickly, to return the boat to speed, refill the pipes....

Karl

Originally posted by Karl
As I read it :

Process To Run A Steam Boat

The steam boat has two pipes at the back of the boat. First of all, fill one of the pipes with water until it comes out of the other pipe, next to it. Then put the boat on water. Light the candel wick and place it inside the toy. In a minute, the steamboat will heat the water which will make it evaporate & turn into steam, it should start to run. The water in the pipe will be evaporated quickly, to return the boat to speed, refill the pipes....

Karl

Where does the spoon come into it? :D

Phil

LOL

That reminds me of my first Japanese motorcycle. A 1972 Kawasaki KZ400. The owner's manual was an obvious (BAD) translation from Japanese. It cracked me up everytime I read through it.....

Heck with the spoon or dropper. Stick a big motor on it and launch it.

Originally posted by OKTurbo
LOL

That reminds me of my first Japanese motorcycle. A 1972 Kawasaki KZ400. The owner's manual was an obvious (BAD) translation from Japanese. It cracked me up everytime I read through it.....
In another life I was in a machine shop that had a Japanese Drilling/tapping center made by Kitamura. We used to read the maintenance/service manual for entertainment. One proceedure, designed to fool a magnetic proximity switch had us using a "metal thingy like a minus driver". Turns out a minus driver is a slotted screwdriver and a plus driver is a phillips.

Now we know how wars start....

"here's the letter sir, these folks would like to negotiate for trade"

...reading the letter....

"this mean war!"

man! LOL

Back