Instant Rocket Dealer: BSD Rocketry

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
It looks like BSD is for sale. I would love to start one. Oh well, 30K is out of my budget.

Next..... As my wife said, move along, nothing to see here.

eBay listing for BSD Rocketry

Huge chunk. I would have to see more pictures even if I had the money.

I would never buy a business sight-unseen over the Internet. Would need to visit, see the stuff, take inventory, have my lawyer talk to his lawyer, etc. I have never seen someone selling a business on ebay. Is that normal?

I think it might be a good way to get "advertising", to get the word out that a buyer is looking. then interested parties can talk & talk outside of the ebay forum..

(from what I understand) nothing is stopping a seller from pulling an item off Ebay for whatever reason without it being sold..

Reactions: dlb
I would never buy a business sight-unseen over the Internet. Would need to visit, see the stuff, take inventory, have my lawyer talk to his lawyer, etc. I have never seen someone selling a business on ebay. Is that normal?

Absolutely concur.

I think it might be a good way to get "advertising", to get the word out that a buyer is looking. then interested parties can talk & talk outside of the ebay forum..

(from what I understand) nothing is stopping a seller from pulling an item off Ebay for whatever reason without it being sold..

That is true. I would use it the same way.

The one thing that is certain. The name and kits get less valuable every year. The more the name recognition disparates, the less value BSD has.

Not just the name. It also has a conex full of stuff.

If you are capable of buying the business, you should be capable of just doing your own designs. If not "forget about it".

Interesting tactic using eBay that way.

No offense to Mr. Ulrey but....
$30K for 35K of "Old Stock"? Old stock = warps, dings, dents, scratches, punctures, etc...

I understand that the sale includes quite a bit of intangible property, again but... Not enough of an incentive built in. Now maybe at 20 cents on the dollar...

Good points. I am not sure it is worth 30K.

I pointed this out to Scott Binder... I was told that he's filing a report on the ad.

"that's the guy [Scott Ulrey] who says he bought it from the guy who never finished paying me for it."

Interesting. I found the listing and was pointing it out the community.

"that's the guy [Scott Ulrey] who says he bought it from the guy who never finished paying me for it."

Don't believe everything you hear.

Don't believe everything you hear.

You're suggesting that I don't believe Scott Binder?

And here we go...he said they said. None of us were privy to the arrangements between Scott and the buyers of BSD (its none of my business), the muck slinging has occured here on TRF in threads past. I know Scott personally and like the guy, he has always been supportive of rocketry and willing to work with people when needed. What occurred as part of a business arrangement is business, and the proper venue for determining guilt or innocence is a courtroom and judge as well as a contract for evidence. Until that occurs and a legal judgement made all that is going to happen on TRF is people getting butt-hurt.

I didn't know about the past history of BSD, I hadn't paid much attention to the designs until they started popping up in recent posts. That said, I reached out to Scott Binder about the Diablo. Since then, I've been working with him (as in being in communication with and not for $$$) for a few weeks now (sims, and showing him how to improve his OR designs). I have no reason to doubt him. But like Rich said, business problems should stay in the realm of the courts.

I didn't realize it at the time but; I bought an Aero Pac retainer from him on E-bay. He still has a bunch for sale.

I didn't notice the connection until now. I bought a few also.

Lots of red flags here:
On Jan. 24 Scott Binder announced the closing of SBR and fusionrocket.biz.
https://www.facebook.com/FusionRocket.biz/
Shortly thereafter this pops up on eBay.
At the very least there appears to be a cloud on the title of the business and it's properties.
I wouldn't touch this listing with a ten foot pole.

2 different businesses BSD closed 5-6 years ago, had been running under different ownership.
Scott opened Fusion totally different business model.
Don't confuse the 2.
Scott Binder is NOT the one on Flea Bay.

Last edited:
2 different businesses BSD closed 5-6 years ago, had been running under different ownership.
Scott opened Fusion totally different business model.
Don't confuse the 2.
Scott is NOT the one on Flea Bay.
I know that. But are you saying that Scott Ulrey's listing is unrelated to Scott Binder's decision to close his business? Just a coincidence? Really?

Jim, Thanks for clarifying that for the newbies.

https://www.facebook.com/FusionRocket.biz/ - Scroll down to January 24th announcement that starts off with:
This is the End.... due to health reasons, Scott Binder Rocketry (SBR) and www.fusionrocket.biz will close.​

or this:

https://www.rocketryforum.com/threa...-a-complete-recovery-for-scott-binder.150330/
Your facebook link is the same one I referenced in my post #22. As I said, this listing has too many RED FLAGS, not the least of which is the venue in which it was presented. I repeat, I WOULD NOT TOUCH THIS WITH A TEN FOOT POLE.

Both of those links are good, the first one was by Scott Binder himself and the second one was Frank Burke quoting Scott's original Facebook post. No red flags there IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back