The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berkayyazar0

Reaction score
Hi everyone, me and my team are currently trying to build a rocket to take place in a tech competition. But we have few problems about the electronic part. Due to unavailable stocks of rocket cards we are only able to buy an EasyMini. We need the rocket to be in contact with us and tell its position and place. But EasyMini doesn't have any telemetry modules and gps sensors. So my question is this, is it possible to install/add any sensors or modules on EasyMini using an ardunio maybe or any other way? Thanks.

Is this for one of the rocketry competitions? And if so, have you reached out to the competition staff for suggestions?

Hi everyone, me and my team are currently trying to build a rocket to take place in a tech competition. But we have few problems about the electronic part. Due to unavailable stocks of rocket cards we are only able to buy an EasyMini. We need the rocket to be in contact with us and tell its position and place. But EasyMini doesn't have any telemetry modules and gps sensors. So my question is this, is it possible to install/add any sensors or modules on EasyMini using an ardunio maybe or any other way? Thanks.
Welcome to the forum!

As QFactor has asked, do you have any guidance from local mentors or competition staff? You should also reach out to local rocketry groups, if you can.

I think the short answer to your question is NO, there isn't a simple way to obtain telemetry data from the EasyMini in flight mode. In Idle mode when connected to your laptop or PC you can get realtime data. There is a debug header connection on the PCB (at the beeper end of the board) that could potentially be used to send realtime data, but that would probably require a firmware modification. This, of course, won't give you GPS data though. You should contact Altus Metrum and discuss your requirements with them.

An easier solution would be to purchase an altimeter with a GPS telemetry option such as from Eggtimer, Missile Works, Featherweight, Entacore, and of course, Altus Metrum, etc.

You can develop your own Arduino-based telemetry system interfacing to a barometric sensor, GPS module and telemetry module. However, by the time you purchase and develop the system, you could have just purchased a GPS telemetry altimeter off the shelf for little more expense.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Back