Installing ROCKSIM?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Senior Space Cadet

Reaction score
I tried to install a free version of ROCSIM and got a message warning of potential damage to my computer.
Apparently Norton can cause problems.
Is there any way around this other than disabling Norton?

I tried to install a free version of ROCSIM and got a message warning of potential damage to my computer.
Apparently Norton can cause problems.
Is there any way around this other than disabling Norton?
If the warning still gives you the option to proceed with the install, then go ahead and proceed with the install. I don't use Norton, but that is a standard warning you get from all security software.

What QFactor said. Norton doesn't recognize the publisher of RockSim and so warns you that it might be a virus or whatever. Ignore it and proceed with the installation as long as you got it from Apogee and not some bittorrent website or something.

You don't need to uninstall Norton. Most security software will give you the "damage to computer" message when you go to install executable software packages from small-size companies. The security software usually gives you the option to proceed with the install. I got the same message when I loaded RockSim10 - and I use Kaspersky security software.

Back