Inspired Bullpup...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mugs914

Beware of the leopard.
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
A while back @Messedupryan did an Estes Bullpup build thread that inspired me to not only repair my 25 year old Bullpup that had lost a fin, but to break out the NIB Bullpup kit that had been languishing in my build pile for nearly as long.

In that thread, @GlenP suggested that the paint scheme from the Centuri Bulldog would work well on the Bullpup. I thought that this was such a fantastic idea that there was no other choice for my new 'Pup! I guess that kind of makes this one a "Puppy Dog"...

The kit was built stock except for omitting the engine hook (I prefer friction-fit) and a kevlar shock cord anchored to the motor mount. I added a few quick fiddly details from cardstock as well as some glue-dot screw heads, just to give it a bit more of a scale look.

The paint job is the one shown in the Bulldog plan, which is a bit different than on the face card. I thought the half-and-half thing was a bit more interesting than the usual alternating quarters. The kit decals were long gone, so the decals came from the spares box. The markings are entirely fictional, just meant to mimic the alpha-numeric gibberish that is usually seen on missile test vehicles. I'm giving the decals a few days to fully cure, then it will get a coat of matte clear and maybe a tiny dab or two of silver paint on some of the details.

Enough blathering on my part; here a few pics.

20210429_203212.jpg
20210429_204745.jpg

Some details
20210429_204556.jpg20210429_204214.jpg
20210429_203656.jpg
20210429_203715.jpg

I'd like to send a special thank you to Ryan and Glen for inspiring such a fun little project, so it will officially be listed on every flight card as an AGM-12 RG.

Thanks guys!!!

Mike

I really like seeing the builds like this with such detail and good close-ups. I don't have the skill to do that, but it is inspiring me to maybe try and learn some more skills so I can make one or two that have some good detail going on.

Sandy.

I really like seeing the builds like this with such detail and good close-ups. I don't have the skill to do that, but it is inspiring me to maybe try and learn some more skills so I can make one or two that have some good detail going on.

Sandy.

Sandy,

No one knows the skills and techniques, until they learn them . . . No one becomes proficient at those skills, unless they practice them, over and over.

Make a list of skills you would like to learn and post it on the Forum.

I'm sure that many people here will be happy to share and mentor you, as you learn !

Dave F.

Last edited:
Sweet work! Outstanding detail. It takes a steady hand to be able to do that!

Latest posts

Back