Inkjet water slide decals...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stones

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this technique with paper from the company listed below?
I'd be very interested in giving it a shot if the results are favorable.

Bel, Inc.

tia...

I use Bel decals alot and like them
just follow the directions that are supplied and you can experience great results..

the starter pack (both white and clear) would be my suggestion
to start with

as with any waterslide decals( or stick on for that matter),always apply them to a glossy surface even if you want a dull or satin finish in the end
apply the flat or satin afterwards ,or silvering can be a problem
for example,,,,.look at the facecard on the estes cluster bomb you can clearly see the decal stands out .thats the result of applying a glossy decal to a flat surface.

stymye is your comancheIII stock or did u put custom mounts on it?

same thing with ure v2...

Bel has a good product and offer lots of options and support. You can't go wrong with them, but be sure to follow the instructions.

ditto what stymye said about glossy finishes. Also invest in some decal-set solution.

jim

heres an example of a white bel decal
I made sure to cut the decal with a brand new blade
A dull blade can cause the decal(sticker) to ripple along the edge
and become darn near impossible to blend into the body tube surface

the final coat was krylon clear.
thats what Bel suggests to seal the decal with ,so compatability is not a problem

BUT.... Only use krylon on inkjet type decals.I ruined a set of Jim Z alps printer decals not knowing better at the time

Rabid
the comanchee is stock.I gave it to a youngster that refuses to fly it to this day ..LOL
as for V2's I have a few of them posted and have 6 in my current fleet.... .
the Maxi (4'" dia) in my photo site is also stock....heres a pic of it next to a mini (bt-20) V2.that we use for a backyard flyer.... we have 4 of them that we fly in the backyard) the pic shows the wifes candy purple version

the 2.6 version on my pic site is highy modifid...only the Body tube ,nose and tail cone are stock

backyard flyers scare me... dont ask... lets just leave it at i almost coulda gotten charged for involuntary manslaughter...

Tnx for the info guys. We stopped at a Hobbytown and I checked to see what they had for grins. They carry Experts Choice and Microsol(for coating the decals). $2.75 a sheet is a little steep per sheet, especially when I haven't experimented enough to know how it'll come out. I'll go for the starter packs at Bel I think.
On another note, HT had a special going on where you grab an envelope when you walk in the door and you could get from 2% to 25% off of a single item purchase. I grabbed 6 G64 (4's and 7s) and guess what, the other half picked us a 25% off envelope. They took it off the entire purchase to boot. Brought the price down to a reasonable amount. Early x-mas gift. ;)

Curse you! You always run the entire valley area dry of motors!! ;)

Originally posted by KermieD
Curse you! You always run the entire valley area dry of motors!! ;)
When I see motors, I always feel like feel like it might be the last time I have a chance to buy 'em. At least locally and w/o a hazmat/shipping fee. ;)

Back