• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Initiator Starter Kit - proceeds to Bill Spadafora Memorial Fund

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KennB

I-95 Envoy
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Initiator Starter Kit $150 (shipping in the continental US included)

Initiator is built and painted; decals not applied, but present; never flown.

Mantis Launch Pad still in unopened plastic bags.

Interlock Controller still in unopened plastic bag.

Would like to sell both together, but will sell separately if needed. PM CoronaDuke with any questions or offers.

All proceeds go to the Bill Spadafora Memorial Fund (CMASS). The fund was established a few years ago in honor of CMASS's long-time president, and all around great guy. Funds are used to support local TARC teams.

Initiator Kit.jpg Mantis Pad.jpg Interlock Controller.jpg

I have no need for the product being offered, but I miss Bill and want to make a donation to the fund. I got to know Bill via SLI and truly enjoyed seeing him every year - his presence is most definitely missed.

Can you PM me the details on how I can donate?

Thanks!

If you would like to make a contribution to the Spadafora Fund directly, you can do so via PayPal using this address

[email protected]

Just specify 'Spadafora Fund' in the message/notes section.

That should do it and Thanks.

Oh I so miss Bill. If you did something that out of line he would firmly and politely call you on it. If that didn't work, the politely was dialed back. Have lots of fun memories with Bill present, perhaps the best was our first NASA SLP group meal at Melvin's. After a visit to the men's room he came back with pictures of the plumbing and we made a game of finding all the issues in the photograph. Plumbing Jeopardy of sorts.
As Bill was on the way to the hospital, he contacted his CMASS brothers to let them know where the launch equipment was for the weekends event, not knowing what was before him. I keep this picture on my desktop to remind me that I was not the only one who thought so highly of Bill.
Spadafora Gathering.JPG

Bill is sorely missed by all who knew him. The fund to help TARC flyers is a perfect way to remember him.

One story to share: I couldn't get to NARAM-39 in Tucson until mid week, flying in from NY (where I lived at the time). My teammate and I were ahead in contest points that year, so I made quick travel arrangements. Bill proxy-flew several events for me. When I got there, I didn't have a hotel room. He let me use the (otherwise empty) NARTS room for 3 nights. I remember carefully moving all kinds of products off of a bed and replacing them in the morning! Without his help, the Phobos & Deimos team wouldn't have been team division champions that year.

perhaps the best was our first NASA SLP group meal at Melvin's. After a visit to the men's room he came back with pictures of the plumbing and we made a game of finding all the issues in the photograph. Plumbing Jeopardy of sorts.

Whenever I think of Bill, that's one of the first things I think of!

We would really like to move the Initiator kit (i.e. I really want to get it out of my garage). Since all of the proceeds are going to the Spadafora Fund, we will take any reasonable offer for all or any part of the kit, plus shipping. Remember you are helping out TARC teams in honor of Bill.

Thanks.

The Mantis launch pad is gone. But the Initiator and Controller are still available.

That perfect last minute gift!

Latest posts

Back