Initiator starter kit - $90

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

horsefish

Reaction score
I posted this on the yardsale forum and am not trying to spam all the forums, but I thought someone interested in getting into midpower may more likely see it here.

I have an Aerotech Initiator starter kit for sale. This kit has the Initiator rocket, launch pad and launch controller. It does not include any motors. This is new in the box, never opened. The price for the kit from the Aerotech web store is $190.95 and the lowest price I found it from any vendors was $164.95. I am selling it for $90, about half of the average price. This is a great kit for someone wanting to get into mid power. I would like to sell this to someone around central Ohio, so I don't have to worry about shipping. If you want it shipped, the price would be $90 plus the shipping.

Also, I do attend some of the QUARK launches at VOA near Cinci and the Triploi Mid-Ohio launches, so if you are interested and want me to bring it to the VOA launch on April 25th or one of the Tripoli Mid-Ohio launches let me know.

Bob

I bought an Initiator starter set other day from Hobby Lobby. It was on clearance for $80. Mine has everything but motors and I am in the process of getting them from Aerotech. Only now do I wish I waited for another %50 coupon. Do you think they will let me return it half built so I can buy it back with a %50 coupon and get it for 40? ;) Oh well. :p

Originally posted by havoc821
Do you think they will let me return it half built so I can buy it back with a %50 coupon and get it for 40? ;) Oh well. :p
Usually, reduced items on the clearance rack can't be had with coupons. But, one can always ask. ;)

Come on folks, nobody interested in the starter kit? I thought $90.00 is a pretty good deal for it. Am I asking to much for it?

Bob

yeah, you are asking too much. Initiator kits go for $55 or so, the launch pad would be worth another $25 maybe?

CLS, you didn't figure in the price of the launch controller. I still think $90 seems like a decent price, but I'll do some more checking and come down if I need to. Thanks for your input though.

Bob

you're right, there's more there ... perhaps what I should have said is: you're asking near retail prices and most folks are probably looking for "a deal", so if you want to sell it then price it that way.

(Sure wish I needed another Initiator & a launch pad & controller!!)

The kit comes with instructions on how to build the rocket iteself. It's same to assume that rockets in the $20+ range don't come preassembled.
-Matthew

The kit comes with instructions on how to build the rocket iteself. It's same to assume that rockets in the $20+ range don't come preassembled.
-Matthew

-Matthew

Back