Initiated - Finally!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary7

Reaction score
Completed this Aerotech Initiator (I wanted my own paint design) ~3 weeks ago and finally, she made her maiden flight this evening. Perfect and beautiful on an F23FJ. Decals from StickerShock23. No, I did not get a flight picture, darn! "Nora", happens to be my youngest daughter's name. She, liked the flight too. This is my first mid-level rocket and flight. It was a blast!

Nora 4-28.jpg

Get yourself the 29/40-120 case. You won't regret it. Those AT rockets are a hoot. The F40 seems like it was made for the Initiator.

Welcome to mid-power....won't be long and you'll be eying that L1.

-Dave

I agree, get the 29/40-120 case. Using reloads really makes the flight experience more rewarding know that you assembled the motor as well (not to mention the cost savings).

One of my favorite kits (besides my own) is the Aerotech Tomahawk. It is always a great flyer.

Have fun!!!

Welcome to mid-power, APCP, and TRF Gary! You know, I *used* to not be that interested in this particular model, then inherited one from a friend, and the more I flew it, the more I liked it. Recently I had the bright idea to launch it on a G80, when it was a bit too windy, and hung it up at the top of a very tall white pine. I realized only afterward how much the design had grown on me - I'm thinking of getting another one. The AT kits are great flyers, quick to build, and very tough.

I agree, get the 29/40-120 case. Using reloads really makes the flight experience more rewarding know that you assembled the motor as well (not to mention the cost savings).

Oooh... cheap Mojave Green and Redline motors. :jaw:

So..., yeah what he typed. :cheers:

You Initiator looks great.

Glad to hear that you had a good time flying it. :)

Nice paint scheme/design. Not sure if you've witnessed a White Lightning propellant flight, but I think you will enjoy the heck out of it. F20s and F40 RMS motors are GREAT for this kit! Welcome to MPR.

Very cool Initiator, i like when people come up with there own paint-designs.

Nice paint scheme/design. Not sure if you've witnessed a White Lightning propellant flight, but I think you will enjoy the heck out of it. F20s and F40 RMS motors are GREAT for this kit! Welcome to MPR.

I agree, WL is great. Its loud and produces lots of smoke n flame :)

Gary, welcome to mid power and APCP.

The 29/40-120 case is a "must have" in my opinion. You'll love the variety of motors available for it. I would also suggest the 24/40 case. You'll be surprise at how many of those 24mm LPR D powered rockets fly really well on the APCP E & Fs, like the Estes Stormcaster.

Let us know when you decide to put that 29/180 case with a H128W in the Initiator for your L1.

Back