Initializing Eggtimer Classic

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NateB

Reaction score
Reposing this from my thread on the HPR forum for more visibility, and to help someone else who may search for the same thing.

I recently assembled an Eggtimer Classic. When I connect the USB, my PC assigns it as COM6 and I am able to find the device using PuTTY as my terminal. The Eggtimer powers on and the Flight Settings screen is displayed. After that, the unit starts beeping again and won't stop. When I press CTRL-Y to perform a memory reset to initialize it, nothing happens. It doesn't show the next screen to prompt pressing and holding the button on the Eggtimer, nor does it show a warning or any other message.

Any thoughts?

You need to hit a few ENTER's when you see the screen, otherwise it will bypass it and start a "flight". See page 17 of the Eggtimer User's Guide...

Power up your Eggtimer, and you will see this screen. You will also hear a beep-beep sound to let you know that you’re in programming mode. When you do, hit the Enter key a few times, this will let the Eggtimer know that you have a terminal connected and you’re not ready to start a flight. Note: Be sure to hit Enter within 30 seconds of the beep-beeps, or it will go into flight mode and you’ll have to reset it again to get to the programming screen.

Thanks, that did the trick. I'm glad it was a simple oversight. I knew I hit the enter button the first time, but I must have missed it the next time as I was looking at the terminal screen and both manuals. Once I confirm it works with a couple e-matches, I'll move on to assembling the Eggfinder mini set next.

Back