info on Ellis E-12 Single Use??

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerryb

Reaction score
got this today... anybody know if these will be available online soon??

what is the usual time from certification to production time?

wanting a couple of the E-12's to play with..

later
Jerryb

To All,

The TMT (Mark Clark, Chair) is pleased to announce the initial certification of some new motors.

RCS (Aerotech) has three NEW motors certified for use. The G61W-S,M,L is certified for the new 38/120 (single grain) motor case. The G79W-S,M,L is certified for the new 29/120 (2 full grain) motor case.
And finally, The I600R-M is certified as an acceptable for the 38/720 case and is also certified for the I-Lite Bowling Ball event at LDRS 2004.
Precise motor data will be posted this weekend.

Bob Ellis (Ellis Mountain Motors) has certified two new SU motors, the E12, (80% E, 24MM X 101MM) and the F20 (48% F, 24MM X 140MM)

We are also happy to announce a new joint TMT/CAR policy agreement for
testing and certifying reloads for multiple manufacturer's cases. This
policy sets out clear testing rules for safety purposes as well as proper labeling to insure clear instructions in use. The first motors to fall under this policy is the previously certified Pro75 Line of motors, the K510-P, L730-P, L1115-P and M1400-P. These Reloads have now been certified for use in the Aerotech (TM) RMS style cases and are renamed with a "U"
suffix to indicate a Universal Motor, i.e. K510-PU for Plugged, Universal.
Thanks to Max Baines, CAR Motor Test Chairman, and the people at CTI for their hard work and cooperation in this endeavor.

Paul Holmes
TMT Secretary

One thing I can tell ya is its gonna have a pretty long burn... less than 3 secs but still longer than a lot of others.

And I also note the 38/120 and 29/120 loads... cool :D :cool:

OMG OMG OMG! Did ya'll read this?! This is totally AMAZING! This has got to be the best news that's come out of the propulsion industry since AT announced it is shipping motors again!

DROOOL! 38/120 and 29/120! I AM SO GETTING THOSE CASES!!!

Darn you Aerotech...making me spend so much money!! :p

Jason

the ellis website says 3.8 second burn.... pretty long for an e motor

later
jerry

Originally posted by Blue_Ninja_150
One thing I can tell ya is its gonna have a pretty long burn... less than 3 secs but still longer than a lot of others.

And I also note the 38/120 and 29/120 loads... cool :D :cool:

Latest posts

Back