InFlight Sonic Shark - build thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EchoVictor

Reaction score
Hey all,

got transferred 6 months ago, moved 3 months ago, and finally got all of my rocket stuff unpacked. Been itching to build something lately, so I decided to try out a new rocket manufacturer, InFlight. I figured I'd go with something different, so I got their Sonic Shark kit.

I was impressed with how all the bits came in their own little packaging. Quality of all of the parts/instructions/decals is top notch;
100_1693.jpg

Fiber centering rings have notches pre-cut for both the engine hook on one side, and for the kevlar shock cord mount pass-by on the other;
100_1694.jpg

The most unique part of this kit is the two-piece open-frame fins. They provide self-stick paper to laminate the fins, and this was the first time I've used that technique. Turned out to be easier to do than I thought;
100_1695.jpg

All in all, a nice kit and a pretty straightforward build. Looking forward to finishing her up;
100_1696.jpg

Later,
EV

Nice looking job EV. I've built a couple of the Inflight kits, the quality is awesome.

Looks great, Echo! Thanks for sharing. I have a Sonic Shark too, but it isn't started yet and I have a few too many unfinished projects I need to get done before I can start it. Show us how it looks after you get it painted.

I built the Sonic Shark and enjoyed it very much. Nice flight on C6-5.

My review is on EMRR (you would have guessed that though).

inflight_sonicshark04.jpg

Finally got around to painting this guy. While the green/white color scheme is really cool, I decided I'd go with something a little more "nautical";

100_2136.jpg

Decals to follow....

Later,
EV

KILLER build and design.

saw in the inflight thread, where this one might not be rereleased ?

that would be a terrible shame - take notes , this one's a winner ( I'll buy one :) )

~ AL

No pressure guys :neener:

It was actually available for a year on the website and I only sold about 25 of them. That's what you call a loss as it didn't even cover the R&D and prototype expenses. :bang:

I'm still thinking about it...

BTW, Nice builds!

....and decals to seal the deal;

100_2137.jpg

What a cool design. The decals really make this one stand out.

Later,
EV

No pressure guys :neener:

It was actually available for a year on the website and I only sold about 25 of them. That's what you call a loss as it didn't even cover the R&D and prototype expenses. :bang:

I'm still thinking about it...

BTW, Nice builds!

I was hoping to add one of these when I ordered my Mach 10 a while back. Really is a cool design. I added a BBZ instead since this one wasn't in stock.

Back