Indroduce myself

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HyperSonic

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hello,

My name is Mark(Hypersonic) and I am new to this forum. While I'm new to this forum, I'm not new to rocketry. As a teenager back in the seventys I used to duct tape D-12-0 together to make
three and four stage estes rockets to see how high I could get them to fly. No electronics in them, just wanted to make them go out of sight and guess how high they went. Lost alot of them in
the process. Knew nothing about CG, CP, or the math and physics behind why rockets do what they do. Left rocketry for many years and then one day I was watching TV and saw a space shuttle
launch. I've always loved to follow space exploration and decided to see how model rocketry is doing now a days. I was truely amazed at the size and power of todays model rockets. That was
about 3 to 4 years ago and since then have been in learning mode reading everything related to HPR and building techniques. I joined my local rocket club and have become a certified Level 2.
Now I'm playing with the big boys and would love to share my L3 builds with anybody (including 2 TAP members) that wants to see them. Many (if not all) my build techniques I've learned have
come from this forum (all of you). There is a wealth of educated and experienced people here at TRF that are willing to share there knowledge with anybody who wants to learn. For that I thank
you all!!! Until next time everyone, have a safe landing. I'm on this crazy quest for the "NEED FOR SPEED"

Welcome! Nice to see when someone has benefited from TRF.

Not sure where you live, but regarding TAP's, you should be able to go back to the prefect member that gave you your L2 test and ask them who/where your nearest TAP members are?

Welcome! There is a lot of info here and most everyone is willing to help.

Be careful what you ask for. We don't always agree on the best way to do...........ANYTHING!! :) :) :)

Well seeing you are Level 2, you are already down the rabbit hole. Lol
Welcome to the forums.
The red pill is always so appealing. Lol

Welcome to the forum...
It is nice to hear someone is benefiting from all of the knowledge here...
Enjoy the journey...

Teddy

Well seeing you are Level 2, you are already down the rabbit hole. Lol
Welcome to the forums.
The red pill is always so appealing. Lol

"One pill makes you L1 and the other one makes you 2..and the ones that Mother gives you don't do anything at all. Go ask Alice-she's out on pad 3..."
Welcome back to the asylum, Hyper! Glad you're here. Straight smoke and good chutes!

Last edited:
I would like to find a TAP member who could be at Airfest this year. I have 2 rockets that need more altitude than my local clubs wavier of 12K.
Can I launch one L3 cert flight, and if it should fail, launch another the same day, or the next day? And if the first flight should be successful,
can I launch another L3 rocket the same day, or the next day?

I will post some photos as soon as I figure out how. I need to learn how to use this forum. I've been reading TRF for a couple years, but never
until now posted anything. I'll figure it out soon.

I would like to find a TAP member who could be at Airfest this year. I have 2 rockets that need more altitude than my local clubs wavier of 12K.
Can I launch one L3 cert flight, and if it should fail, launch another the same day, or the next day? And if the first flight should be successful,
can I launch another L3 rocket the same day, or the next day?
There's nothing in the rules that limit you to one attempt . If your first attempt fails, and you still have a suitable rocket, buy another motor and try again. However, you must document the backup rocket the same way as the original (and with the approval of your TAPs) and it's possible the same problem would occur again - no opportunity to learn from mistakes. If the failed attempt rocket is repairable, with your TAPs approval, you can try again.
A successful certification is effective immediately - fly as many L3 motors as you like (or can afford).

There's nothing in the rules that limit you to one attempt . If your first attempt fails, and you still have a suitable rocket, buy another motor and try again. However, you must document the backup rocket the same way as the original (and with the approval of your TAPs) and it's possible the same problem would occur again - no opportunity to learn from mistakes. If the failed attempt rocket is repairable, with your TAPs approval, you can try again.
A successful certification is effective immediately - fly as many L3 motors as you like (or can afford).

At least one TAP member needs to be at the launch, right? I was looking for TAP members who will be at wherever I go to launch. One rocket needs about 16K and the other needs 40K+. Thats why I was thinking about airfest. Maybe I should launch the 16K flight first closer to home
(South Bend, IN.) and get my L3. Then go to airfest with the 40K+.

Back