Indianapolis 500 - 2009

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

judo

Reaction score
I heard today that the Indy 500 will not have the usual military flyover this year. It won't look like this:

90564.jpg

It will look more like this:

B25ShowMe.jpg

Only there will be two of them. At just 500 feet off of the deck.

I heard today that the Indy 500 will not have the usual military flyover this year.

It will look more like this:

B25ShowMe.jpg

Only there will be two of them. At just 500 feet off of the deck.

I can't wait! We are on our way to Indy. Its always good to get back to Indy, too bad I don't have enough time to check out a club launch.

I'll post some pics of the flyover.

Should be a lot more interesting than what's happening on the track. :D (a round and a round and a round...)

Best thing for me is seeing Davey Hamilton back at Indy :)

He's local to me , I met him at Peaceful Cove dirt oval after his accident. Someone asked him about Indy and you could see in his face how badly he wanted to get back there and now he is:D

Go Get 'em, Davey !!:clap::clap::clap:

Should be a lot more interesting than what's happening on the track. :D (a round and a round and a round...)

..maybe, but its better than watching those "taxi cabs" goin round & round until someone gets in the way, then they'll just bump them out of the way.. :rolleyes:

Best thing for me is seeing Davey Hamilton back at Indy :)

He's local to me , I met him at Peaceful Cove dirt oval after his accident. Someone asked him about Indy and you could see in his face how badly he wanted to get back there and now he is:D

Go Get 'em, Davey !!:clap::clap::clap:

Davey, is a class act. He drove me and my sons in an IndyCar two-seater over Christmas Break in Orlando around the "Mickyard". He spent about 15 minutes chatting with us and this morning at the track after the autograph session, he was walking by and actually stopped and said "hey, how are you doing". :eek: That was an awesome surprise.

Was at the first Nascar race at the Brickyard in 94 and 97, 01. Would love to see an indy race now that the all of the open wheel drivers are back together. Love that Petty /Andretti ride and car. I think Dixon has a shot at it.
My Daughter was born at around lap 60 of the "98" 500. We were watchin the 500 in the delivery room., The doctor asked what was the time of birth . I said around lap 60, Nobody thought that was funny.:roll:

My Daughter was born at around lap 60 of the "98" 500. We were watchin the 500 in the delivery room., The doctor asked what was the time of birth . I said around lap 60, Nobody thought that was funny.:roll:

That is awesome!

..maybe, but its better than watching those "taxi cabs" goin round & round until someone gets in the way, then they'll just bump them out of the way.. :rolleyes:
Actually, I find that NASCAR provides for an excellent sunday nap.:)

Well, I wasn't overly happy with the finish. I wanted someone else to win. However, I was glad to see Danica do well. She showed a little maturity that she has lacked over the first few years of racing.

The race was not all that exciting. Pretty predictable and the pace seemed slow. The part I loved was the fact that no matter how good a driver thinks they are, the track will always get them if the slip just a little. I love Indy.

Yah, there were a lot of foolish moves, even one by Davey Hamilton, that put a lot of people in the wall.:eek:

Indy is not a race where you can get away with any mistakes, many learn that to their dismay. Get a little bit high going into those corners and you get a closeup of how a Safer Barrier works :p

I thought it was a great race overall, but I hated to see Penske grab another one. However, until the other teams understand how to trim a car like Penske, and Ganassi they will continue to win at Indy.

Danica P drove a great race, and was in an excellent position. However, AGR had to much downforce/drag on the car to go for the victory.

Not a bad race overall. I missed the last 4 laps due to my DVR not recording it :bang:

I am glad to here Vitor Mera is going to be OK, that was not a good way to end the race/season for him.

The silver B25 was "Panchito." I'm not sure about the olive one.

2837812118_2bacf48af9.jpg

B-25Panchito.JPG

The olive one you have in the above picture is "Show Me!" If you notice, the image copyright mark in the upper left corner belongs to a guy who sits 3 cubes away at work.

She's based outside St. Louis so she's local to AKPilot and me. When I was in the CAF a few years ago, I flew across the river to Alton, IL in her and then to Cape Gerardeau later that year crewing airshow appearances.

I think she's down with a double engine replacement right now.

LOUD.

www.cafmo.org

Last edited:
Back