Indiana Rocketry January Launch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grandpa$

Reaction score
Ok. Here we go again.
Indiana Rocketry, Pence IN, January 8th and 9th.
It's January in the Midwest. Surprise, the forecast is for January weather in the Midwest. Watch the web site for updates.
https://www.indianarocketry.org/

And if anyone is planning on breaking our waiver. Don't. That was last year. All you will get this year is banishment.:facepalm:

Are February and March dates published yet? I could check the TI website.... but I am just that lazy.... :)

Are February and March dates published yet? I could check the TI website.... but I am just that lazy.... :)
per the website:

Feb 12@10AM launch
Feb 13 until 4PM launch
Mar 12@10AM launch
Mar 13 until 5PM launch
Apr 9@10AM launch
Apr 10 until 4PM launch

Edit: fixed for duration rather than open of each day so it matches what is in the calendar

Last edited:
No launch listed in May or after. I'm assuming it's because there is a very good chance that crops will be planted or about to be planted

Last time I was in Indianapolis it was 1degF (-17degC). Who would want to fly rockets in that cold weather. I think my igniters would shrivel up 🙃.
Right now, it is 11defF (-12degC) and I just went outside to get my mail in shorts and a t-shirt. I guess the only thing not trying to kill you in AUS is the weather.

One of the benefits of flying in the cold is the air is less dense than the summer. You should get more altitude for the same motor. And humidity is down (so low you'll shock yourself just sitting up) And most skies are clear blue.

The launch for Saturday the 15th is cancelled.
Still on for Sunday the 16th.

As for the May launch.
Our agreement with the land owners is that when they start working in the fields we stop. After losing one high power field we agree to ANYTHING the land owners say. We will be making a decision on a May launch after discussions with the land owners in April.

This weekend (Feb 12/13) has been pushed out a week due to 15" of snow per an announcement on the club FB page. "Check back closer to that launch to see if anything else changes"

Back