Indiana Rocketry February 8th and 9th

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My club is launching this weekend also. Trying to find a place closer to Indianapolis. I’m flying out of Dayton oh.
There is a low power NAR club in Indianapolis called AMOREA. They fly 3rd Sunday of the month during spring/summer/fall. There is also a high power NAR club that flies out of Muncie. www.indyrockets.org Again, spring/summer/fall

Weather is looking a touch iffy. When will you make a go / no go decision?

Also, anyone know of a good web site for ceiling forecasts?

My club is launching this weekend also. Trying to find a place closer to Indianapolis. I’m flying out of Dayton oh.

We are 30 minutes closer to Monument Circle then 8345 SR 41 South Charleston, OH* is.
It really depends on which side of Indy you are leaving from.
Stop by some time and check it out, then decide.

* Just guessing that's the Dayton, OH address.

RE: Revision to Tripoli Rule Regarding wireless remote switches.

If you will be using a wireless switch, we are requesting that you discuss your plans with the Board of Directors. We want to insure that everybody is in agreement with the new rules.

Thanks, Richard Cash, Prefect, Indiana Rocketry

For those that use Altus Metrum product, Keith Packard was kind enough to add the Indiana Rocketry Tab launch site officially in their software platforms. He was being super responsive knowing we had a launch tomorrow. Even though we are now rescheduled, keep Keith and Altus Metrum in mind and thank him for the support when you get a chance.
Polish_20200207_122213953.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat as you. I live NW of Dayton. Tripoli Mid Ohio doesn't have a launch planned until Feb 29th so that leaves Wright Stuff Rocketeers (NAR) as the only other local club. I've been ready to fly my L1 cert flight but weather has been crappy every launch weekend this year. I'm going to the first HPR launch within 3h of my house. [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

I just hate it when we cancel for no good reason.
KDNV ASOS has reported 600 foot ceilings all day.
Dang It! I could have flow my Estes Alpha on a mighty A8-3.
Maybe next week.

My local launch was cancelled today as well. I'm considering coming to your launch next week to get my L1 certification. I read the flyer info on your website and didn't see any requirement to notify the club in advance when attempting L1 certification. Is this correct, I can just show up with my paperwork and membership card, pay the daily launch fee and I'm good to go?

My local launch was cancelled today as well. I'm considering coming to your launch next week to get my L1 certification. I read the flyer info on your website and didn't see any requirement to notify the club in advance when attempting L1 certification. Is this correct, I can just show up with my paperwork and membership card, pay the daily launch fee and I'm good to go?

That is correct. Just stop by the registration area and we will be glad to help.

Now for the important part. Weather permitting, what are you bringing to fly?

Here's my L1 bird. Planning to cert with a H165R. If successful I'll have a 29/240 case with me that I can fly with if the onsite vendor has something available.IMG_20200208_170507~2.jpeg

We'll be there Saturday and Sunday. Mostly just to get the field set up Saturday. (Insert none existing windy Smilies here). Be ready to fly SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! :)

Still have my Estes Alpha on the Might A8-3 to fly. Did you hear that weather deities? Please, pretty please with sugar on it. Its the Might A8-3, it needs to be seen to be believed.

Reverse psychology. Nothing else has worked this year.:)

I'm in the same boat as you. I live NW of Dayton. Tripoli Mid Ohio doesn't have a launch planned until Feb 29th so that leaves Wright Stuff Rocketeers (NAR) as the only other local club. I've been ready to fly my L1 cert flight but weather has been crappy every launch weekend this year. I'm going to the first HPR launch within 3h of my house. [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]
Go to wsr703.org. Just tell them you want to qualify for L1. Lee the owner of Merlin Missles is L3 certified. He will be glad to help you obtain. There are others as well who would be glad to help. I really like this group. They try and fly every other weekend. They are having a special tarc meet this weekend. Come out and watch if you can. I won’t be there

Go to wsr703.org. Just tell them you want to qualify for L1. Lee the owner of Merlin Missles is L3 certified. He will be glad to help you obtain. There are others as well who would be glad to help. I really like this group. They try and fly every other weekend. They are having a special tarc meet this weekend. Come out and watch if you can. I won’t be there
I've already talked with them and TMO as well. I have every intention of flying with both clubs. As I'm sure you are aware the weather is very spotty in this area this time of year. So if launch actually happens I'm going to get my certification. The next WSR launch isn't scheduled until next weekend and who knows what the weather will be like. So I'm taking advantage of the first opportunity I can find.

Does anybody know how to change the title of a thread?
I have been unsuccessfully looking for a way to change the date.:(

Does anybody know how to change the title of a thread?
I have been unsuccessfully looking for a way to change the date.:(
For some reason the moderators or owner of TRF have locked down many of the simple and convenient features that used to be available, like a title change, a sale status change, the ability to delete a post, etc., etc. Now you have to hit the report button and explain your issue, then when a moderator sees it they go in and make the change.

Back