Indiana Rocket Launch November 9th and 10th.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grandpa$

Reaction score
Ok, add a maybe to that.

There is still one field with crops in it. The land owner is in the process of harvesting and we will make a go/no go decision by Wednesday evening, November 6th.

Waiver to 13k feet agl. 10 am to 4pm Saturday and Sunday.

For more information https://www.indianarocketry.org/

Glad to hear! Notre Dame is planning on making the trek there and hopefully the Flying Basket of Death and Destruction v4.0 will make a flight there. ;)

WE ARE GO FOR LAUNCH!

Sad because you can't make MWP? Be happy, Fly Tab.

Can't cram one more rocket in the car? Be happy, Fly Tab.
Need to test fly before MWP? Be happy, Fly Tab.

Where's Tab?
Located on CR 1000W between 600N and 350N, but you can find it on the map at 40°23’10.2″N, 87°30’40.1″W (aka 40.386175N, 87.5133187W). That’s in Jordan township of Warren county, Indiana. From Lafayette, take SR26 west to US41, then turn left (south). From US41 N, turn right (west) on to 650N toward Tab, and turn left (south) on to 1000W. From US41 S, turn west on to 300N toward Judyville, at the 4 way stop in Pence at 1000W, turn right (north).

For more information: https://www.indianarocketry.org/

Just want to drop a big thanks to the Indiana Rocketry folks. That was a lot of fun yesterday. That's the second time I've been out to that field and am still amazed just how sparsely populated it is out there. For first time visitors I recommend printing directions there. Seriously...PRINT the directions - or something similar that does not require cell signal. I lost data signal about 30 miles from the site and kind of panicked a little because I was not 100% sure where I was going and the map on the GPS app flat out disappeared. Now, once I got to the field the iPhone reacquired LTE signal from towers in Illinois.

That'll teach me to rely on my phone so much for directions lol.

Anyways, it was a good time and their launch system worked perfectly plus it was a really laid back atmosphere to boot. Thanks so much for putting on this event.

Thanks for the good review Dave. Glad you had a good time and please help spread the word about our field.

Our next scheduled launch is December 7th and 8th. Do you think we might get another dose of "Flying Basket of Death and Destruction"?
Which, by the way, had neither Death or Destruction. Just a ton of cool.

I'd love to but that drive haha. I will come down if NDRT needs to for some reason or I just can't make a Michiana launch. I'm only 25-30 miles from the Three Oaks field. ;)

Back