Incredible Rubber Powered Flight Videos

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a hobbyist, I have a lot of them...

I love building things... It comes from my Grandfather who introduced me to balsa at the age of 9 or 10 with my first flying model.

Now, it looks like balsa might make a return to active status (I've got a Guillow's P-40 here with me). But this guys Seafire has really captured my attention, and I might end up with some new skills before the end.

I flew indoor duration for a while. Unbelievably challenging. It seems so simple but it will challenge your building and flying skills like nothing else I’ve tried. When I was flying, the rules were 55cm wing span, 1.2g airframe weight.

A couple of the guys I used to fly with are working on a documentary:

https://floatdocumentary.com/

I flew AMA Free Flight for many many years. Even wrote a bit about it in a regular column in the National FreeFlight Society’s monthly magazine.

That’s why Amateur Rocketry was such a good fit... spending time out on a ranch, launching a model, tracking and chasing it...

The difference is that in rocketry I can build something on my bench from the same materials (balsa, plywood, glue, epoxy) and it will go 500 mph...and I can paint and clear coat it.

Modelers with such mad skillz as the builder whose work is featured in the video are simply other worldly.

Aliens live among us.

Once again I’m awed by the detail, the sliced ribs, the true stringers, and the covering. The wing fairings were perfect.

Museum quality+ modeling and it flew like a dream.

I'm a hobbyist, I have a lot of them...

I love building things... It comes from my Grandfather who introduced me to balsa at the age of 9 or 10 with my first flying model.

Now, it looks like balsa might make a return to active status (I've got a Guillow's P-40 here with me). But this guys Seafire has really captured my attention, and I might end up with some new skills before the end.

Very cool. Stick construction, they way they all used to be built. Talk about mourning after a crash due to all of the work lost.

I flew indoor duration for a while. Unbelievably challenging. It seems so simple but it will challenge your building and flying skills like nothing else I’ve tried. When I was flying, the rules were 55cm wing span, 1.2g airframe weight.

A couple of the guys I used to fly with are working on a documentary:

https://floatdocumentary.com/
Thanks. I've always been very impressed by that branch of the model airplane hobby.

Back