incorrect fin wraps from payload bay.com

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BDB

Absent Minded Professor
Reaction score
I'm trying to print a fin wrap guide for a 38 mm LOC MMT tube from the tools section of payload bay.com. The OD is 1.64", which means that the wrap should be 1.64" x pi = 5.15" long. But the printed wrap is 4.80". Has anyone else seen something like this? Or is something screwy with my printer?

I'm trying to print a fin wrap guide for a 38 mm LOC MMT tube from the tools section of payload bay.com. The OD is 1.64", which means that the wrap should be 1.64" x pi = 5.15" long. But the printed wrap is 4.80". Has anyone else seen something like this? Or is something screwy with my printer?

Are you printing it at 100%?

if you have open rocket, try printing a fin template. OR will also print a scale (metric and imperial) that one can use to see if it is 'you' or the file you're trying to print;
Rex

In the print dialog, make sure it is set like this for Adobe Reader/DC or similarly if you use another piece of software. The key think is to print "Actual Size" instead of fitting to page area.

PrintActualSize.jpg

Yep...I'm an idiot! Here was the pesky little issue. Thanks for the help.

Screen Shot 2017-02-17 at 8.53.08 PM.jpg

Back