• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Found In search of a large parachute! (15+ft)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ke8nai

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking for a large parachute something in the 15+ ft range for a large upscale project I’m working on for Red glare and LDRS this year! Looking for something used to help out on the budget! No preference on manufacturer or color scheme, let me know what you’ve got and I’ll see if we can make a deal!

Thanks,
Joe

Hi all,

Looking for a large parachute something in the 15+ ft range for a large upscale project I’m working on for Red glare and LDRS this year! Looking for something used to help out on the budget! No preference on manufacturer or color scheme, let me know what you’ve got and I’ll see if we can make a deal!

Thanks,
Joe
Joe, check out the For Sale chute post for the 14 ft chute 10-12 post below your Wanted post.

Looks like that one sold!
If you're referring to my message, I didn't end up getting it. I double checked and realized it wasn't the right size for what I'm building. I thought it was, but I decided to recalculate my final weight and it ended up being heavier than I expected.

Hi all,

Thanks,
Joe
I have an skyangle C3 XXL that's 129 square ft.

Attachments

• 20220902_162320.jpg
    20220902_162320.jpg
    680.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220902_162237.jpg
    20220902_162237.jpg
    885.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220902_162038.jpg
    20220902_162038.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Great product. I used once in a 90 pound project.

CERT-3 Size
Large
XLarge
XXLarge
Drogue
Tested* Load Capacity
16.2-35.0
32.6-70.6
60.0-129.8
1.0-2.2
Surface Area (sq. ft)
Tested** Cd
Suspension Line Length (inches)
Net Weight (oz.)
Suggested Retail Price***
$139.00
$189.00
$239.00
$27.50

Might be a little bit too small, I’m on the upper end of that weight range. It’s a ~13in cf clustered upscale. She’s got quite a bit of weight to her.
How much weight are you talking? If you do not find anything I have patterns up to 192" semi- Hemi good for 80 to 140 lbs at 15 to 20 fps. and could make you one.

How much weight are you talking? If you do not find anything I have patterns up to 192" semi- Hemi good for 80 to 140 lbs at 15 to 20 fps. and could make you one.
Scott, Thanks, its looking like 190lbs on the pad right now, but I'm expecting it to get heavier. Its a squat rocket and I'm guessing its going to need significant nose weight when fully built. I may reach out for a chute for the nose cone though, ill let you know once I have it fully glassed and get a weight on it.

Scott, Thanks, its looking like 190lbs on the pad right now, but I'm expecting it to get heavier. Its a squat rocket and I'm guessing its going to need significant nose weight when fully built. I may reach out for a chute for the nose cone though, ill let you know once I have it fully glassed and get a weight on it.
With that weight you might want to check any local Army/Navy surplus stores in your area and online at these surplus stores as you are basically looking for a human rated military parachute.

At that weight either pay up for an appropriately sized rocketman chute or try to track down a deal on a C-9 that still has lines.

Hi all,

Thanks,
Joe
Rocketman makes 15' plus much larger ones.

I have a military chute or two, but I don’t know if they would pack small enough. I could open them up this weekend and check their size if interested.

You get it all figured out and need one for the nose just hit me up. Also if you end up looking for a military chute and it has the cords remove, I can put cords on it.

I would suggest a 24 foot T10 parachute for your 200 pound rocket. A C9 chute is much bigger (28 foot) , packs harder and takes up more area. A proper pack T10 fits nice in 24 inches of 6 inch tube. A C9 needs close to 4 feet.

Also a new T10 can be yours on Ebay ( with lines ) for under 200 dollars. I purchased one several years ago for around 45 dollars at my army navy store , then paid Top Flight Recovery 80 dollars to completly re-sew new lines onto the chute. That parachute has worked on several large upstate NY rockets .

I'm not selling a paraglide, I'm selling a reserve chute. The reserve chute I have is a non-steerable and circular. I believe it is a PDA (pulled-down-apex) design.

(This was in response to the comment from 3stoogesrocketry)

I'm not selling a paraglide, I'm selling a reserve chute. The reserve chute I have is a non-steerable and circular. I believe it is a PDA (pulled-down-apex) design.

(This was in response to the comment from 3stoogesrocketry)

My apologies, I did not realize it was a round reserve chute

Back