In memory of rocket manufacturers that have....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have to add my memories to this list, in no particular order.

AVI Astroport (really enjoyed dealing with the people there)
The Launch Pad (great kits)
Q Modeling (loved the upscales)
Lawndart Rocketry (still wear the t-shirt)

Space Dynamics ( been wanting one of their Aerobee kits for decades )

Stargate

Pine Cap Associates

Eagle Aerospace
Astro Dynamics
XPRS

TCB in a flash

Roto Rocket

Lot's of little companies that provided very unique products are gone

Greeny Monkey Aerospace - 13, 18 and 24mm research cases
Alpha Hybrids (frankly, most hybrid motor companies) - prefill hybrid motors
Gorilla rocket motors (only 6" motors that could be shipped UPS)
Spacetec - made some cool electronics like servo's that could be controlled by an altimeter to do interesting things
Art Applewhite - dared to upset the rocket gods with 54mm Stealth's, and 75mm saucers.
Pyramid Rockets - yup... only sold Pyramid rockets
Borocks Rocketry

man... too many to list.

T.H.O.Y., Public Enemy, Vaughn Brothers, Launch Pad. Still have built rockets from all of them, and several unbuilt Launch Pad kits. Also Scotglass, though I think I bought the 4” fiberglass Nike Smoke by Scotglass through Giant Leap in the 90’s. Can’t forget Hawk Mountain, excellent fiberglass.

I'm a little slow at replying, but two of my favorites have already been mentioned:
1. Vaughn Brothers Rocketry - how can you forget a rocket named the Blobbo (I'm still flying mine)
2. THOY - the only THOY rocket I have left is a small mid power bird called the Wren

--MARK

Spacetec - made some cool electronics like servo's that could be controlled by an altimeter to do interesting things
Art Applewhite - dared to upset the rocket gods with 54mm Stealth's, and 75mm saucers.
Borocks Rocketry

man... too many to list.
FYI Contrail Rockets 0-6300 six inch x 72 inch still in production

I'm a little slow at replying, but two of my favorites have already been mentioned:
1. Vaughn Brothers Rocketry - how can you forget a rocket named the Blobbo (I'm still flying mine)
2. THOY - the only THOY rocket I have left is a small mid power bird called the Wren

--MARK

I just repainted my King Blobbo and am ready to fly once my clubs open back up.

Putting off buying Dr. Zooch kits until it was too late is one of my biggest regrets. He was the only one to have Saturn I's until Boyce came along.

Wes made some amazing kits. His Mark II was brilliant, beautiful and totally underrated by most people. His kits were great quality, fantastic instructions, brilliant fliers. The quality kits from Dr Zooch and Holverson Designs are the personal benchmarks I set for CBR.

Ahh - old Enerjet F67 - full 80 ns. Brings back memories. Delivered by Greyhound bus. Sent my Nike-Ram up to the Rocket Gods!

Some manufacturer really needs to do a full stack shuttle kit about the size of Sheri's Hot Rockets which you can no longer get and I heard mix reviews about the kit itself. I bet it would be a big seller.

I remember when Enerjet "E's" and "F's" first became available.
They were difficult to get and people treated them like they were a stick of dynamite; one-hundred year old dynamite.
You forgot the Enerjet D21. Thier Es and Fs were easy to get and are very safe and robust. However, the igniters crumbled away ove time.

FSI, Kopter, Centuri. Somebody mentioned Pine Cap Assoc.; I have one of their kits that I think I bought at the last PITCON in the early 70s.

I remember when Enerjet "E's" and "F's" first became available.
They were difficult to get and people treated them like they were a stick of dynamite; one-hundred year old dynamite.

I remember those, too. A friend had built a scale model of the D-Region Tomahawk using ply fins and epoxy (because the motors were so *powerful*. They were. The rocket made it about 30 feet off of the pad and the fins peeled off. I remember them fluttering down He rebuilt the rocket with balsa fins and yellow glue. Launched w/o a problem, The igniters for those engines were a bit strange, a piece of thermalite wick, ignited by nichrome (or somesuch).

Forgot to mention Blackhawk R&D. I believe he later became Yank Enterprises, but I could be wrong. As Blackhawk R&D, I believe he was based in West Virginia.

Borocks Rocketry

man... too many to list.

Spacetec is still around. I met Juerg this weekend, but didn't inquire about his own line of products.

Reinhard

Back