In memory of rocket manufacturers that have....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thoy is right up. I still occassionally fly my Phoenix.

Then there is Rocketflight (sp?) who supplied us with the delightful Silver Streaks for quite a while!

And did I miss it or am I the first to mention Plasmajet motors? Their 29mm H-124 was a spectacular motor.

I have to add blacksky to my list (It was actually spelled with no capital B).

Scott was such a nice guy and was very helpful to me way back when I was first learning about high power.

The ones that jump to my mind first are:

T.H.O.Y - Really liked their stuff. An extended Wasp was my first mid-power Bird. Still have it...

Vaughn Brothers - Just great kits.

Launch Pad - Awesome subjects, unique methods, fun builds!
I have a Vaughn Brothers 54 Extreme. Haven't flown it yet.

To comment upon the Pastor's listing, I'd LOVE to have a company create and sell a Rocketflite-like (sp as well) G and H BP sparky motor. Fingers crossed...
H and I would be even better.

Sonic Systems
Some will remember the advertisements for nosecones in HPR magazine
I sold about 200 crayon kits 20 years ago under the name Skywriter.

Fat Cat
PDR
K&S
DFR or RSR (they changed names)
Rogue
Rokitflite
Someone, somewhere has a huge stash of Rogue parts and it’s not me. At one time LawnDart Rocketry (me) was Rogue’s biggest reseller and I was offered a lot of inventory when Rogue was closing down. But, I was back in school getting a degree in middle school education (figured that age group fit my maturity level). Pretty soon after that I closed up LawnDart Rocketry, as well. Keep meaning to do a limited run of SLAT/s, Nike Smokes, and modified MIRV Gryphons. Got everything but nose cones.

Bought it from Ross at Magnum. Drove Ross crazy faxing back and forth (no email back then). Tim taught me about tape thrust rings, thermalite igniters, dog barf wadding, etc. After my flight (Vulcan H100) he was waving an Energon L1000 under my nose. (It was a bit too long to fit 🤪). Same launch Tim’s two-stage rocket went sideways into the woods, started a fire, and John Cato had to call fire dept. Only my second HP launch. 29 years this Fall and I remember it like yesterday.

Bought it from Ross at Magnum. Drove Ross crazy faxing back and forth (no email back then). Tim taught me about tape thrust rings, thermalite igniters, dog barf wadding, etc. After my flight (Vulcan H100) he was waving an Energon L1000 under my nose. (It was a bit too long to fit 🤪). Same launch Tim’s two-stage rocket went sideways into the woods, started a fire, and John Cato had to call fire dept. Only my second HP launch. 29 years this Fall and I remember it like yesterday.
Tim was always giving rockets and motors to people, encouraging them to push the edge of the envelope just a bit further... 😁

Some that were small:

Mile High Rockets - Had 2 designs and flameproof parachutes
Schoolyard Rocketry - Had a HoJo and a Patriot
Nova Hobbies - I built the ASP, don't remember any others
Fun Rockets - Took over Holverson Designs and ruined them with foam parts

Hey Lawndart! I built your Orbital Transport and it flew great! And I would buy a SLAT and a MIRV Gryphon in a heartbeat.

Someone, somewhere has a huge stash of Rogue parts and it’s not me. At one time LawnDart Rocketry (me) was Rogue’s biggest reseller and I was offered a lot of inventory when Rogue was closing down. But, I was back in school getting a degree in middle school education (figured that age group fit my maturity level). Pretty soon after that I closed up LawnDart Rocketry, as well. Keep meaning to do a limited run of SLAT/s, Nike Smokes, and modified MIRV Gryphons. Got everything but nose cones.

Back