In FB Jail...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would be nice if FB played by their own rules, but they don't.

Its stupid on Facebooks part but in reality totally irrelevant.

They are little more than an data-mining operation that has a strong political agenda, which they use to stifle opinion they don't like, and manipulate what people see and hear.

They act like an editor, censoring and altering perfectly legal speech, so they should be treated as an publisher. Repeal section 230, and let people sue them.

https://www.commerce.senate.gov/202...on-230-reform-ahead-of-10-28-big-tech-hearing

1. I ain't reading all that from 2 years ago.

2. I've heard this argument before. Freedom of speech means not only you get the right to say what you want I get the right to delete your messages that are on my property. Period. For example, you come onto my lawn (with my permission lets say) and you decide to plant a political sign on my yard I have every right to pick up that sign and huck it in the trash or tear it up, set it on fire...whatever. That ISNT censorship.

Funny how free speech advocates want so badly to be able to say whatever they on someone elses property thus not allowing said property owner to express their own freedom of expression.

I quoted a line from ALIENS... About taking off, and nuking the entire site from orbit (as a joke response to someone suggesting that a rubber band gun wouldn't affect them (Xenomorphs)), in a group dedicated to ALIENS, and I got a 24 hour time out.

I wish FB would pull their craniums out of their rectums.
And before anyone suggests it... No, quitting FB is not an option.
False.jpg

I had a horrible almost life altering experience with FB. About 15 years ago I got a call from my mother. She asked if I had a FB page. I said what's FB. Someone, and I don't know who, made a page in my name and posted a load of filth. In part it said I was a Satanist and I liked little girls. A family friend had called my mother and asked if that was really me. I called FB and told them it wasn't mine and please take it down. They wanted me to prove I was me. Sent a copy of my DL. It took months before that page came down. I have a very unique last name. My dad was an only child. And I think the first settlers from the old country changed their last name. I have looked in phone books and then the internet for our last name. There are 3 other people in the US that have the same last name as mine. So anyone who saw that page and knows our family they automatically "knew" it was my page. Took years to sort out with people who know me. I am not a fan of FB.

First rule of aerodynamics. Push anything hard enough and it will fly.
I've not been on FB since 2009-2015 and briefly 2017.
That quote brings to mind the time on FB the owner of a group about helicopters kicked me out for answering their question which went something like, "If you were to have a favorite helicopter part what would it be?"
I answered ...

With ...
the Jesus Nut
and was promptly thrown out of the group.
Seriously?
A group of helo fans don't know that AND there are supposedly actual helo pilots among the membership?

A couple references for those who never had cause to know,

http://www.pilotfriend.com/training/flight_training/rotary/helis.htm
and

https://www.technology.org/2018/03/...is-that-why-does-it-have-such-a-bizarre-name/
Oh, let's make it 3 references like I usually do a couple other places when documenting things,

https://www.aviationtoday.com/2019/01/24/ubers-air-taxis-will-succeed-helicopters-failed/

Last edited:
I posted this joke which I got off FB last year and am serving a 30 day sentence. Get released in 15 days, and then I will post something else and get jailed again. It really shouldn't be all of FB but that site to be banned from, Like reddit does.

That isn't a joke that's called racism.

Post reported.

I answered ...
With ...
the Jesus Nut
and was promptly thrown out of the group.
Seriously?
A group of helo fans don't know that AND there are supposedly actual helo pilots among the membership?

Personally, I'm quite fond of the Jesus Nut myself. Our pilots and mechanics inspect it (among other parts) every shift too.

FB put you in jail yet someone hacked our German Shepherd Rescue FB page and is using it to dupe/scam people out of "deposits" for rescues. We've reported it to FB many, many times and we get replies saying that nothing looks wrong. We say look again and still nothing happens. We are locked out from the page and comments are turned off. It's been almost a month now and I have no idea of how to escalate it. Seems there's no number to call...

-Bob

I'm pretty tame around here because I see this hobby as a family thing and imagine kids are looking. But on other sites ... let's just say a 24 hour ban is nothing to worry about. 😁
24 Hour Ban ? I didn't even know there was such a thing. All mine have been for 30 days. Not afraid to speak my mind. Yahoo brought back comments, but I'm not allowed to comment anymore on their platform.

A couple years back, I was in FB Jail for half the year.

So I chilled on posting things that the algorithms found offensive.

My Cousin died tragically 6 years ago and Facebook will not remove his page. His sister sent in a Death certificate and all that was asked but it's still up. The worst part is family members still get notices to send him Birthday wishes and other things which makes people very sad and upset. I know of 9 people who died and still have active FB accounts. I suspect at least half the accounts are fake but left alone for ad revenue. Facebook is the Scum of the Internet. Claiming to have "Community Standards" is the biggest joke there is, they have no morals or standards.

My Cousin died tragically 6 years ago and Facebook will not remove his page. His sister sent in a Death certificate and all that was asked but it's still up. The worst part is family members still get notices to send him Birthday wishes and other things which makes people very sad and upset. I know of 9 people who died and still have active FB accounts. I suspect at least half the accounts are fake but left alone for ad revenue. Facebook is the Scum of the Internet. Claiming to have "Community Standards" is the biggest joke there is, they have no morals or standards.
“Standards for thee, not for me”

“Community Standards” is nothing more than a legal shield that FB, and some others, cower behind.

I got my first ban for saying “too bad there isnt an open season for thieves” referring to scum cutting catalytic converters off cars… Reason: “inciting violence.”

Several weeks later I got a 30 day ban for an interaction in a car group because I was trying to help a guy with a car issue and said “there is definitely a problem with your tranny.” Boom - 30 day ban for hate speech. Appealed it and they stuck to it.

Their bots and millennial mods are ridiculous. Ive seen other folks posting about getting bans for similar stupid things that they posted 5/6/7 YEARS ago. While most dont understand that free speech only protects your from prosecution and FB can censor what ever they want (same as here)… FB has gone off the deep end with it.

I got my first ban for saying “too bad there isnt an open season for thieves” referring to scum cutting catalytic converters off cars… Reason: “inciting violence.”

Several weeks later I got a 30 day ban for an interaction in a car group because I was trying to help a guy with a car issue and said “there is definitely a problem with your tranny.” Boom - 30 day ban for hate speech. Appealed it and they stuck to it.

Their bots and millennial mods are ridiculous. Ive seen other folks posting about getting bans for similar stupid things that they posted 5/6/7 YEARS ago. While most dont understand that free speech only protects your from prosecution and FB can censor what ever they want (same as here)… FB has gone off the deep end with it.
Part of me wonders if instead of it being a generational thing, it’s a wider cultural shift that Meta and Facebook are trying to keep up with and doing it in a ham-fisted kind of way. Your experience may be a result of a hard-and-fast, non-negotiable company policy that cannot be changed or circumvented by an individual moderator.

A few only-partly-educated guesses on my part: bots are given qualified immunity, their judgements are extremely difficult to overrule, and disciplinary guidelines are set to be both rigid and severe. We’ve already seen that this is a disastrous approach to apply to criminal justice and the result is the same in community moderation.

Last edited:
And yet…here you are on TRF
Ummmm, TRF is different. Most of the time there is tolerance especially if one stays in the technical rocket threads. Go to the political side a.k.a. the "Watering Hole" and one can get banned if to caustic or threatening of posting. Yeah, I don't do F.B. either. Kurt

Ummmm, TRF is different. Most of the time there is tolerance especially if one stays in the technical rocket threads. Go to the political side a.k.a. the "Watering Hole" and one can get banned if to caustic or threatening of posting. Yeah, I don't do F.B. either. Kurt
Right, just like Facebook is different than Twitter, and Twitter is different from Instagram...etc.

Still social media though...

Very true, but a moderated forum is very different from what's going on with the big ones such as you mentioned. I stay away from them as well; criminee, I hardly have time to keep up here!

Back