In FB Jail...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I quoted a line from ALIENS... About taking off, and nuking the entire site from orbit (as a joke response to someone suggesting that a rubber band gun wouldn't affect them (Xenomorphs)), in a group dedicated to ALIENS, and I got a 24 hour time out.

I wish FB would pull their craniums out of their rectums.
And before anyone suggests it... No, quitting FB is not an option.

Last edited:
I left FB in June of 2020 when a close friend of mine's mother accused me of being a racist because I said I wasn't racist and then my said friend said as well that I needed to look within myself to find my inner racist and accept it.

I looked at my computer screen, realized the world was going down the tubes and that FB was evil, deactivated my account, and have never returned. It was strange for a month or so but it wasn't till I walked away from that tire fire, that I realized how toxic it was. Don't miss it for the world.

Now, I just peruse Instagram here and there looking a pictures, laughing at funny memes, and keeping up on my dudes in Ukraine.

I love spending time on my minivacas responding to bots and trolls on quora while soaking in a hot tub with an adult beverage. Once I got busted when a RL idiot responded to my highly sarcastic response to apparently one of stupidest questions from the human race. I totally admit I flamed his ass so hard he went crying to the mods. I know I prolly deserved it, but watching the bell curve move to the left so hard and fast has me so incensed that you just have to call out the crap that's totally counter-intuitive to the survival of the human race. Who knew "Idiocracy" would become a documentary? Plants crave electrolytes. See my picture. Fight them every day.
("All it takes for evil to win is for good men to do nothing".)

Last edited:
Turns out I had one strike against me for suggesting that a certain Ex KGB officer who is leading an illegal war against the Ukranian people should be placed in front of a wall, and receive several objects made from lead was apparently too violent for FB. If it wasn't for the fact that there are people there that I have no other way of reaching, I'd consider leaving the platform.

Never had a FB account and never will. I still have a very large dislike for them.
For the last two/three months at time up to 20 or more per day I get a FB notice that some one using a new device has attempted to log into my account.
I notified FakeBook that I DON’T have an account and never did, please stop sending this garbag!
Ive tried blocking it, setting rules and every other thing I can think of including reporting as phishing.
Still they keep coming. It’s bad enough I am tempted to ditch that email account.

FB is not moderated well, to say the least. The platform grew too large to have humans on the job all the time, and what humans are available have thus far been pretty easy to fool. I’ve had a few postings removed 5, 6, 7 years after the fact. On one occasion I had posted the “Falling Man” photo from the 9/11 disaster and that was removed for being “sensitive”, another was a dark joke about the effects of drinking bleach and it was removed for being “misinformation.”

(I was into some dark stuff for a while, I wasn’t in a good place at those times. Please don’t judge me too terribly for it.)

I blame company leadership. Mr. Z doesn’t seem to care much for societal responsibility, only protecting the contents of his pocketbook. If somebody whines loud enough and you get somebody on the case who is biased against the things they see on your profile, things like that will happen.

Am I terribly upset by this? Not really. It’s their platform, and I’m their guest. But is this any way to make people feel welcome and supportive? I think not.

I got banned for a day from quoting Monty Python. I spelled out "you stupid English Knight" as Kon nig it...and the FB bot went crazy and banned me for hate speach. That place is trash, but I like some of the forums I am on for rockets and motorcycles.

I got banned for a day from quoting Monty Python. I spelled out "you stupid English Knight" as Kon nig it...and the FB bot went crazy and banned me for hate speach. That place is trash, but I like some of the forums I am on for rockets and motorcycles.
I wonder how may people are getting banned on FB for using pinyin to represent the Mandarin word for "Uh" (and "that one"). It sounds a lot like an extremely offensive word related to black people, but it has zero harm meant in it, and is far older than the racist slur.

I once got banned for saying, " most Americans are too lazy to park and walk in, they'll just use the Drive thru" when discussing a newly opened Starbucks nearby. FB. claimed " Hate speech, national origin". A week later I reported a guy who said "American = Racist" and FB claimed it was within their "Community Standards".

I dropped Facebook years ago, but never really used it.

My wife would get on weird feeds and argue with me politically about stuff she read. I told her to cancel FaceBook, and we'd both be happier.

She looked through her feed and decided to end it. No more FaceBook for us.

I have a buddy that gets thrown in Facebook jail on the regular. He automatically gets 30 days because he's a repeat offender. We tease him about it.

As someone who had gotten rid of Facebook for years, I got it back because of the great rocket groups. I don't really do anything else on Facebook, so don't generally encounter the people who could get under my skin. I don't even accept friend requests from my family members who I know cause drama. Sometime you gotta play the game.

I find Facebook to be useful for groups in subject matter I find interesting. I have unfollowed about 90% of my "friends" and found the FB feed to be much more tolerable. I've also stuck to not ever posting anything political whatsoever. Not because of FB but because people (and there are a lot of these types here on TRF) can not handle a differing political view in an adult manner. That's not a FB issue that's a cultural issue.

Funny how we get the message of "tolerance" jammed down our collective throats and as soon as someone comes along with a differing political view that tolerance goes right out the window.

I quoted a line from ALIENS... About taking off, and nuking the entire site from orbit (as a joke response to someone suggesting that a rubber band gun wouldn't affect them (Xenomorphs)), in a group dedicated to ALIENS, and I got a 24 hour time out.

FB had a permanent case of Rectocranial inversion.

I was sent to FB jail for calling a Flat Earth moron "Bozo". FB called it cyber bullying. 🙄

I joined FB a long time ago because I thought it would be a way to keep in touch with family and friends I rarely see. Unfortunately too many of those friends & family use it for pushing their divisive politics, conspiracy theories, covid misinformation, etc. Add to that the fact that "moderation" on FB (and most other social media) translates to enforcing a narrative (rather than a consistent policy) and FB's abuse of user data, and I decided to opt out a couple years ago. Haven't missed it, much.

I maintain a presence on FB upon advice from a superior in the non-profit public service organization of which I belong. Set up the FB page for the local chapter and the leaders knew of it. Was even told to remove photos for minor issues. Then there was a massive change of leadership. Someone's kid wanted a staff job and reported me for not performing my assigned tasks to standard--but I was--and headquarters knew it. The chapter leader shut down his own FB and was relying on this hostile person to be informed of the goings-on outside his office. Anyway, the kid and the parent left the state after setting up a second FB page (which is against the rules). The mess persists to this day with the leadership being no wiser. Comments like "Amish" came up when similar anecdotes were posted elsewhere. No one on staff was following the page even after being told in meetings or through reports and documents. Perhaps "Serf" would best apply. At least Amish can read.

You didn't add the rest of the saying... You're the merchandise.
The community is the product. It’s in FaceBook’s interest to to make the community look good via their moderation tools. It explains why they do what they do, they just do it terribly.

lol

"I hate the fact they delete my posts on a platform I don't own nor do I pay for."

When you don't own the server its not censorship. Either play by their rules or quit whining.

It would be nice if FB played by their own rules, but they don't. They are little more than an data-mining operation that has a strong political agenda, which they use to stifle opinion they don't like, and manipulate what people see and hear.

They act like an editor, censoring and altering perfectly legal speech, so they should be treated as an publisher. Repeal section 230, and let people sue them.

https://www.commerce.senate.gov/202...on-230-reform-ahead-of-10-28-big-tech-hearing

The community is the product. It’s in FaceBook’s interest to to make the community look good via their moderation tools. It explains why they do what they do, they just do it terribly.
The product is not the community. Its an audience for advertising. They dont care if the community looks good or not as long as they get the ad revenue.

Back