In FB Jail...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone who abandons their spouse when they are needed most were unworthy of their spouse in the first place.
I think the post originally referenced specified “partner”, not the more specific “spouse”. And yes that is one thing that would make me judge a case differently, the level of commitment and the details of a situation.

I think the post originally referenced specified “partner”, not the more specific “spouse”. And yes that is one thing that would make me judge a case differently, the level of commitment and the details of a situation.
Replace spouse with partner and you still have a slime ball.....

Not to mention there are a lot of factors that influence the phenomenon at issue (leaving a partner diagnosed with a chronic or terminal illness) apart from or together with misogyny, which is far from universal among or unique to men. Being sick is both expensive and stressful, two things that negatively affect relationship stability. Depending on the man in question, that may be far more decisive than ordinary sexism. It shouldn’t have taken more than a few seconds worth of thought to see that.

I will not dive further into the topic than this.
Yet, ironically, men are more than two times more likely to leave than a woman is. And if you are truly in a committed relationship (you know - that whole "in sickness and in health idea", you want to help that person.
And my "men are pigs" comment wasn't just in relation to that particular article.

You don't have to shop for the items to start seeing ads about them. Reading articles about things can trigger it. Any number of things could have put that in there, to be perfectly honest.
I suspect that depending on what apps you use on your smartphone, simply saying certain key words within listening distance of your smartphone will also trigger tailored ads.

Not sure if this happens on FB, but I'm pretty sure it happens with banner ads on regular websites and YouTube ads.

i stopped using social media a good while ago, other than this forum. what's frustrating for me is needing to make contact without the common portals social media offer.

example:
i just watched draymond green assault jordan poole during practice on tmz. also watched draymond's propaganda piece aired on tnt which addressed the aforementioned assault. the combination of the two pushed some internal buttons, red ones, and i felt compelled to tell turner broadcasting my thoughts on both airing the little documentary, and personal feelings on being mugged at work by a fellow employee.

i typed tnt dot com, pulled up the page, saw a big orange button said 'contact us,' clicked, filled out the form and wrote a scathing, yet humorous, diatribe regarding said issues. i felt pleased with myself.

form returned the expected 'thank you' and directed me to more FedEx MyTnT services, like tracking or label printing. Somebody at FedEx is right now watching draymond punch poole in the mush, and laughing at stupid customers.

I am in the process of trying to ween myself off FB. It is an utter waste of time & energy.. But my clubs are using it more & more, so I kinda have to be on it.. It is sad how it is becommign a part of our lives..

FB would be good (as it once was - sort of!) for what it was intended for [keeping contacts, keeping people updated on events planning, dates, etc.. for being in touch, etc..] but it's current down-falls are:
  • Persistent and irrelevant ads (You supposedly track my likes & intersects.. gimme ads that pertain to me, to my like & interests..)
  • Spam ads & fake friends & such
  • political rhetoric & drivel (by friends, groups or other..) But oh, it make so much $$$!
  • The constant suggestions for friends & groups
  • The way you can never get back to what you once saw in your newsfeed

I find it strange that yo can get banned for some mundane things (like showing a nipple in an artful photograph, or the German flag of WWII on a scale model of a Panzer) but political slander, borderline racist taunts, barely legal girls in very tiny bikinis (or other light fetishes) are OK.. (among other things..) people get hacked (usually mothers & grand mothers) people joining groups soon become spammers, egos build or break due to "friends" counts, cyber bullying, etc.. and when you do have an actual problem / issue, you cannot get in touch with an actual person at FB to work your issue..

Like a lot of things in life Facebook/TRF/Twitter/etc has more to do with what you make of it. There are 2 main choices as I see it:

- You can make the choice to perceive it as a horrible place with nothing but hate and vitriol. Just continue to allow garbage to show in your feed that you don't like. Respond to friends/family posts that you disagree with and let yourself get all worked up that "OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY HAVE THAT POLITICAL VIEW."

----OR----

- You can make the choice to turn it into a positive. Unfollow people who continually post nonsense or things you don't like/agree with. Make a point of being positive on social media or in some way try to improve the situation whatever it may be. Use it as a platform to enact something good in the community. For example my disc golf club raised $7200 last year for a food bank and in large part was due to being able to spread the word on Facebook. That's right, a one day DISC GOLF tournament did that...because of Facebook.

We have more power over these types of things in life than we realize.

Follow the rules and that kind of thing doesn't happen.
Well, that's not quite true. I've followed the rules and got slapped down anyway.

My Fakebook advertising account has been permanently restricted. What is a personal advertising account, you might ask? I don't know, I didn't know I had one. I've never used it. I've never advertised anything, ever. I have never needed to because I don't sell anything. BUT... "You're not allowed to use Meta Products to advertise. This is because you didn't comply with one or more of our Advertising Policies or other standards, such as having too many ads rejected, attempting to circumvent our ad review process, participating in fraudulent behaviour or associating with untrustworthy accounts."
I was notified of the problem, so I requested a further review and got a permanent ban. No big deal; shrug it off; it doesn't change anything for me. OR does it?

My guess is that somehow someone has possessed my "advertising account" and has been using it to spam others. But since there is no way to contact a human at Fakebook/Meta to ask for an explanation (nor can I even email them) about the issue, I cannot confirm it. Will this end up restricting my account in the future? Who knows?

So the idea that just following the rules will keep your nose clean, isn't a true blanket statement, especially with today's activist shadow banning social media organizations who play god with whomever they feel like.

I quoted a line from ALIENS... About taking off, and nuking the entire site from orbit (as a joke response to someone suggesting that a rubber band gun wouldn't affect them (Xenomorphs)), in a group dedicated to ALIENS, and I got a 24 hour time out.

I wish FB would pull their craniums out of their rectums.
And before anyone suggests it... No, quitting FB is not an option.
Leaving FB is most certainly an option. It is not something forced upon anyone by the government, it's a personal decision.

I bugged out over two years ago. I had no idea when my great niece was born or what her name was when the event happened. Not my loss, everyone knew I was off FB. They screwed up by not giving me an old school phone call. I learned in the business world that you have to adapt to the communication style of those you were communicating with. Some respond to texts, some to voice mails, some to e-mails, some never. The same applies in personal communications.

If people don't respect my decision to leave the social media platform from hell, it's their problem.

Turns out I had one strike against me for suggesting that a certain Ex KGB officer who is leading an illegal war against the Ukranian people should be placed in front of a wall, and receive several objects made from lead was apparently too violent for FB. If it wasn't for the fact that there are people there that I have no other way of reaching, I'd consider leaving the platform.
You know, if you pick up the phone and call, people will either answer or follow up on a voice-mail. Most people appreciate personal contact. If they don't are they really that important?

Well, that's not quite true. I've followed the rules and got slapped down anyway.

My Fakebook advertising account has been permanently restricted. What is a personal advertising account, you might ask? I don't know, I didn't know I had one. I've never used it. I've never advertised anything, ever. I have never needed to because I don't sell anything. BUT... "You're not allowed to use Meta Products to advertise. This is because you didn't comply with one or more of our Advertising Policies or other standards, such as having too many ads rejected, attempting to circumvent our ad review process, participating in fraudulent behaviour or associating with untrustworthy accounts."
I was notified of the problem, so I requested a further review and got a permanent ban. No big deal; shrug it off; it doesn't change anything for me. OR does it?

My guess is that somehow someone has possessed my "advertising account" and has been using it to spam others. But since there is no way to contact a human at Fakebook/Meta to ask for an explanation (nor can I even email them) about the issue, I cannot confirm it. Will this end up restricting my account in the future? Who knows?

So the idea that just following the rules will keep your nose clean, isn't a true blanket statement, especially with today's activist shadow banning social media organizations who play god with whomever they feel like.
I had assumed that comment was about TRF jail, as the mods here range from reasonable to just a touch on the lenient side. FaceBook is just wrong all over.

You know, if you pick up the phone and call, people will either answer or follow up on a voice-mail. Most people appreciate personal contact. If they don't are they really that important?
I'm GMT +8... phone calls when we are mutually awake is kinda tricky. That... and they're kinda expensive w/o VOIP.

There's a third choice - ignore it completely. Need to stay in touch with friends and family? Call them, or better yet - write them a letter!
AMEN TO THAT! That is the TRUEST thing EVER said!!! This forum is the closest thing to social media use. I use that phone-thing-a-majig to talk to *my* friends & Family.... And I even go do things in person with them!!

I 'Know' my friends.....

Anyway, I agree 100% with Sooner Boomer!

Back