Impressed By New Estes RTF line.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eugenefl

Reaction score
Jason (jetra2) and I were cruising WalMart yesterday. By default, I always make a pass in the rocketry aisle (yes, I call it the rocketry aisle despite only occupying about 5% of the aisle) to see what's new or to see how depleted the inventory is. Well, I noticed some new RTF sets that struck my eye. Granted, these are still the typical BT55 with 4-fin plastic fin unit type rockets, but the new designs were too cool! In one set, there is a NASA-looking decorated futuristic rocket with spaceship type detailing. In another, there is a US Army Patriot missile sport scale! (No, not semi-scale to the real thing, but the 4-fin plastic Ionizer type...I don't want to create any confusion.)

Needless to say, if they are going to continue making RTF, at least this new wave is attractive! I'm tired of all the glittery firecracker tube wraps with florescent plastic cones and fins. These new ones are actually pretty neat. I will say that if I ever see the Patriot set on clearance it's mine! (LOL, wow, did I just admit to wanting an RTF set? Whoa...)

Eugene,
I recycled a RTF set of fins and NC with a BT 55 and made a great rocket. Apparently someone had lost their rocket in the park and the park keepers found it after the rain had ruined the tube. The motor mount lock is very neat and easy for kids to use. The 18 inch BT55 and plastic parts make a simple, super stable, good sized rocket. It is easy to finish because the components can be painted before assembly.

Back