I'm really bored, so I posted a poll!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is the largest number of engines have you sucessfully ignited in a cluster?

• 5-6

• 7-8

• 9-19

• 20-29

• 30-49

• 50-99

• 100+

• 5-6

• 7-8

• 9-19

• 20-29

• 30-49

• 50-99

• 100+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Juaru

Reaction score
O.k. Who is your favorite low power rocket company? You know, the old you can only take 3 rockets - all from the same company to the deserted island kinda scenario. And yes, there will be an unlimited supply of motors and launch equipment! Probably, everyone would have one book, one record, one song.... but I digress. This time it's one rocket company.

Let's restrict it to LPR and the company must still be in business.

If I left anyone out, my apologies, there are only 10 spots.

Hey, it was do this or do some work!

John (not Jon) Arthur

www.JonRocket.com

Originally posted by Juaru
You know, the old you can only take 3 rockets - all from the same company to the deserted island kinda scenario. And yes, there will be an unlimited supply of motors and launch equipment!

i smell a new reality tv seriessss :D

well, i have several favorites. for great looking rockets that have an awesome reputation, i go estes, however, i voted flis-kits for sheer innovation. i mean, estes has nothing like the deuces wild. and the richter recker is AWESOME as well. estes limits itself to small performers. some are quite creative, but i feel as though flis kits takes more time to think out a design to make sure its going to RULE. and RULE it does...

also the fact that jim helped explain to me the process of laminating fins at the last CMASS launch didnt hurt him...lol. but seriously, the fliskits rhino, that has got to be one of the absolute best looking flights on a c6. maybe its the fins or something, it just seems to FLOAT. very nice.

I went with Thrustline this time.

The fighter plane designs, clones, and larger clusters (Smoke 'n Fire; MIKE IX) are right up my alley.

I'm a sucker for an E engine cluster. Fliskits has one - Thrustline has two. So, since I only get three rockets, I get the two big Thrustline clusters and probably Hank for good measure.

Edmonds, sorry Jflis but I love the laser cut balsa gliders!

I voted Fliskits, but it was a close tie between them and Semroc. All of Semroc kits have laser cut fins, only a few Fliskits kits have those. Fliskits however has morre inovative designs. :).

Very close tie between Edmonds and FlisKits. The tracking poll shows FlisKits to have the lead overall, but Edmonds appears to have the edge in battleground states. I'm casting my vote for Edmonds only because I suspect all the hanging chads will be credited to FlisKits.

is this the part where jim flis cues in?

"im Jim Flis, and i support this message" :D

Oh man, this is not fair... I can't vote for just one :p

My favorite companies would be Fliskits and Semroc - Both sell kits of outstanding quality and have superb customer service. I value Fliskits' innovation in their designs (Jim and Brian are crafty devils), but as a BAR, I really appreciate Semroc bringing back the oldies in such a fine way. Can't choose between them.

Only have built one kit from Thrustline, but it was outstanding. If their other kits are as good, then the dynamic duo above will become a terrific trio :D

Squirrel Works has cool looking sci-fi birds. I have 3 of their kits in the queue to be built, so no opinion on them as yet. Based on reviews and what I can see in the bags, I expect their stuff to be excellent.

And let's not forget the rockets from Sandman's Roachwerks! Nothing less than el primo...

Quest and Custom are OK. Hate the spirals in the Quest tubes, but the motor mounting scheme in their Qwik kits is rather neat. Custom offers pretty standard fare, but the price is right.

I am not that impressed with current Estes offerings (except maybe the forthcoming X-prize kits). That thing they call a Renegade shames the fine name borne by the D powered beauty of the past.

Even though I am fond of the kits of bygone years, I can tell you that this may well be model rocketry's Golden Age. At no other time can I recall so many outstanding companies and folks giving us such a range of choices.

Here's to the Here and Now!

Semroc, definitely.

Their instructions can be followed by anyone, and they add extra information not necessary to building but helpful for understanding why things are done the way they are. They're educational. Most tell you how to build the kit, Semroc teaches you how to build rockets.

And yeah, the fins too.

any that can feed my scratcbuilding fever, (most of them)
they are fine with me.I have dealt with all but a couple of those mentioned, it's all good.

hey space G man,it's funny I'm the opposite I can't say I like the quick kits , i'm not fond of the plastic motor cages, but I do like the little stands that come in the kit. yet I do like the custom rockets alot. everybody has their preference so all prosper in the end.

Originally posted by rabidsheeep
i smell a new reality tv seriessss :D

Yeah they will put Carl, all the building supplies he needs, unlimited propellant, and an FAA waiver to Mars on an island.

What they won't tell him is that there is no batteries, nichrome or anything else he can make an igniter out of.

Except on an island in the middle of a pool of lava.

And as soon as he gets there, It will start raining.

Who needs a TV, we can probably hear it from here....

Originally posted by illini
... I suspect all the hanging chads will be credited to FlisKits.

New's flash! (Somewhere in Vt). Fliskits announces their newest kit.

Hanging Chad!

wahtever , did you vote ,,,? any coherent comments coming ?

heh

I went with other lpr.
I am very fond of the Sunward kits.
I love rockets that look like fighter jets.
(keeps me from picking favorites among TRF members;) )

It is an interesting poll, especially seeing peoples comments about their choices :)

If I had to choose something *other* than FlisKits, I would go with Edmonds as I love gliders too. Semroc would be my other choice, but I don't have that much nostalgia for Centuri kits. I had bought several but only ever built one so there isn't that much there that strikes my fancy... I also love what Don has with Squirrell works and Tom's Rockethead Rockets. Very creative stuff

Originally posted by rabidsheeep
is this the part where jim flis cues in?

"im Jim Flis, and i support this message" :D

Only if you live in a key battleground state where advertising dollars and energies are concentrated. Otherwise you can just expect to hear the same locals trashing each other repeatedly. ;)

i mean, face it.
without Estes, we wouldn't be here.
more people have bought and flown estes rockets than all the others put together.

:D

Ahh some support. I voted Estes too. When you look at the whole range of products over the years they are my favs. That doesn't mean I don't like, say, the Deuce as much as an Estes kit. But I like the FatBoy, Big Daddy (now OOP), the new military kits, the forthcoming X-prize kits, etc. Not to mention many of the older kits.

Back