I'm getting inked today.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty Dog

Reaction score
I'm getting my first tattoo today in honor of my granddaughter. "Mia Lena Fitts".
My 60th B-day present to me-self. It's all about the "look".
I absolutely love this precious bundle of joy.

Attachments

• mia look.jpg
    mia look.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 162
  • tweety-pie-wallpaper-12.jpg
    tweety-pie-wallpaper-12.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 160
  • miagramps.jpg
    miagramps.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 151
Cute! But remember ... when you're old, you might regret this reckless decision of your youth. Oh, wait a minute .... :D

I liked how Mia Lena was grumpy looking but when you held her she was all smiles. Granddaughters are precious.
She is really a wicked happy girl. But she can give you the look when she wants to be serious. My son really liked the depiction of her with the Tweety-Pie cartoon.

Shes growing up. Should be down in Fl maybe Jan to see her.

Attachments

• 20191118_213833.jpg
    20191118_213833.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 76
She is really a wicked happy girl. But she can give you the look when she wants to be serious. My son really liked the depiction of her with the Tweety-Pie cartoon.
We call that look the "Stink Eye", its pretty much you told her NO and " what are you going to do to fix that".

Mine are 40 years old. A lot of color loss due to working outside in construction.
My first was a Road Runner, now under a Panther.
My left upper arm is Mr. Friday Night. A rootin tootin ready to party dragon.
My Right upper arm is Mr. Saturday. A hung over fart poofin slumpy dragon.
Don't regret none of it. Not even the Tattoo's.

The first few grandkids are lucky because they get lots on your arms.

My own grandpa had um ... 18 grand kids.

In the 50s and 60s, getting a tattoo was an expression of rebellion. Now it's a expression of conformity

I have three and I designed them myself. Tats are a form of expression that is very personal. I and most others who decide to get one...conform to nothing more than their own creativity.

Last edited:
Scotty Dog
Beautiful grand-child and tattoo! I am glad it is a great experience and memory for you. Enjoy! Careful.....they can lead to more!

I have three and I designed them myself. Tats are a form of expression that is very personal. I and most others who decide to get one...conform to nothing more than their own creativity.
I want to get another tat on my left arm in memory of my Dad and my oldest brother. I'm going to design it me-self. I doodled in drawing my whole life.

Mine are 40 years old. A lot of color loss due to working outside in construction.
My first was a Road Runner, now under a Panther.
My left upper arm is Mr. Friday Night. A rootin tootin ready to party dragon.
My Right upper arm is Mr. Saturday. A hung over fart poofin slumpy dragon.
Don't regret none of it. Not even the Tattoo's.
I ran into a couple female friends that have been getting tattoos forever. I mentioned getting my first tat at 60 yrs old. I mentioned getting another before my skin is all wrinkled. Jokingly... wwell, one said, at least your tats will all look sharp and bright because they are new. One of the girls showed me a tiger she had on her leg from many years ago. It was all faded and kinda spreading all together. No detail left at all. So, I guess starting to get ink later in life ain't so bad. And I know what "I" want. Not my buzzed brain or broken heart talking to me.

Scotty Dog
Beautiful grand-child and tattoo! I am glad it is a great experience and memory for you. Enjoy! Careful.....they can lead to more!
Thanks. Oh ya, I'm getting at least one more....chuckle..lol. I've always loved the art of tattoos.
Some amazing talent.

Man, good for you Scotty..
What a cutie pie..
That's just wonderful..
Enjoy the daily reminder of your little sweetie,,
( as if you needed one, lol )..

Teddy

Yea.......you said it man, a fad....that's been around for thousands of years.

I dont remember seeing the original poster asking you or Mr. Whiskey what people thought of tattoos. I think he was simply sharing his joy. I say let him do it in peace.
I don't remember any forum rules stating I have to check with the OP before throwing my two scents in. Perhaps you could enlighten me.

Back