i'm confused

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*whew*

When I saw Carl's username attached to a thread titled "I'm confused" on this forum (therefore related to rocketry), I thought I was goint to faint.

:eek:

When I saw that... I though... Come on... Carl is not that old ... ;D :kill:

Uh oh.... now I done it ;). He is going to have to pull this thread again :p

I was confused too - Carl wondering who pulled a thread? But I had trust in our Super Moderator and all became clear :)

Yep...was one of those controversial types and not good for TRF. Like Mr. Tulanko said, "nuff said." Feel free to PM me if you're just curious as to what it was about.

halfway may as well be noway...

i stand behind my statements, i'm no anonymous troll.
i really would love to discuss the current situation.

i archived the thread, it will be available on my website when i get around to uploading it.

I sure do...people enter to find out we don't allow political threads. :) Moreover, if necessary, we can lock or change it to follow the guidelines, which shouldn't be necessary.

You are more than welcome to discuss the topic offline or at another forum or newsgroup. In addition, please note that this is TRF...only that "other" place even knows what that "T" word means as it is never used here.

Also please note that you cannot cross post to another website, newsgroup or forum without the written permission of the The Rocketry Forum Staff. Moreover, since we have a "No Politics" policy, there is a very good chance it wouldn't be granted as it goes against this policy.

Carl

There are plenty of places to cuss and discuss the original subject.

Originally posted by CTulanko
Also please note that you cannot cross post to another website, newsgroup or forum without the written permission of the The Rocketry Forum Staff. Moreover, since we have a "No Politics" policy, there is a very good chance it wouldn't be granted as it goes against this policy.

Carl

not sure what you mean by this...??

What it means is that cross posting, which is the taking of posts from The Rocketry Forum and placing them on another forum, website or newsgroup, is not permitted without TRF's permission.

Carl

my personal webpage is none of your affair.
i will post my own words wherever i see fit.

that post isn't "on" TRF anymore
it was deleted, therefore, it's not a TRF post

Your words are your own to do with as you see fit. I think that Carl was saying that you cannot post the whole thread (i.e. others replies to your original post).

Steve

Elapid

Don't take this personally. I commend our moderators for doing everything they can to keep this place focused and civil. I've floated the idea of political discussions and got soundly trumped. While I'm not aware of what your thread was, I've never seen any of the admins squash anything capriciously. I'm sure Carl only means you can't post other's thoughts without their permission.

By the way, if you feel the need for a good rant, hit RMR. Just be ready for the backblast as it can get, how shall we say, ugly.

Meanwhile keep on posting the rocket stuff. I'm enjoying reading about your obsession.

A

Note to Carl & the moderators -> your point that there is no cross posting is not documented anywhere I can find. You may want to consider getting that in the community guidelines or FAQ.

i'll keep posting as long as they let me...
my bad, i forgot about the non-political nature of this place.

i've read rmr, their attacks are weak.
;)
i've played with the big boys elsewhere...
:eek:

i apologize for asking "why"

if i wasn't obsessed, i would have given up by now.
that's my POINT.
all i want to do is go out and burn some motors and punch holes in the sky safely, but there are so many hoops to jump through.

we are losing a LOT of converts.
:(

E

Go for it on RMR. Have a blast troll bashing. I'll tune in to watch.
Me I use first person shooters like Half Life to reduce stress.

By the way, I've seen recent postings here by some people who have been all but declared enemies of rocketry in other places. Keep it above the belt and you will be posting forever.

A

Ok, lets get this straight...

An archived copy of the thread cannot be posted to another site without asking permission. It is our data, not yours, and yes, it still exists on the forum; it just has been moved to a private section, not deleted.

The site is copyrighted and in the past, out of common courtesy, our members have always asked about cross-posting. It was this kind of common courtesy that did not necessitate special rule posting and invocation of policies. This has worked well in the past and we are actually very flexible. Treat us nice and respect our wishes and you will have a great time here. If you cannot show common respect and courtesy...then leave and go somewhere else. The thread was clearly against our guidelines, therefore it was removed from public view. I am getting tired of explaining what I shouldn't have to explain. We do things for a reason...deal with it. If that's not good enough for you...leave.

Originally posted by Elapid
i'll keep posting as long as they let me...
my bad, i forgot about the non-political nature of this place.

I don't think anyone is offended. I don't think anyone takes it personally that you have an opinion regarding the politics of this hobby. What's crazy is that this forum fosters such a nice and comfortable non-flame environment that some of us feel like we can voice our opinions about the politics and sanely discuss them. I've read some of your rocketry posts - you're a good contributor. Even Mr. Irvine elicits comments regarding his kits and business. So long as the golden rule is followed, criticism - both positive and negative - regarding products and services are acknowledged by all and respected so long as the posts are respectful.

Basically, TRF is a focus group. We all focus on the more positive and non-political aspects of the hobby. It's not that no one on this forum wants to talk about politics, but we'd prefer for it to not take place here.

SOOOOOOooooooooooooo......

Has anyone built or flown any cool rockets lately?

;)

Just wait 'till Saturday... Our first official(public) club launch...
See Events thread for details...

Steward

We're getting into "oppresive" season at our desert launches, so my friends and I are starting to shy towards LPR and away from MPR and HPR. The coastal launch site is really an island, and it's usually fairly windy, but it's a lot cooler, and closer to boot! So time to put the big birds on the side until September and Plaster Blaster 3 and concentrate on the small and low-flying stuff.

WW

That's GREAT Fore Check !!!!!!

As a matter of fact I have. I've built 4 new ones, I think...

Back