I'm back after a 10 year hiatus

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrnAgainRoc

Reaction score
Hey everyone- it's been 10 years since I foraged this forum board. I was doing my part in the Kno3 motors and had a wonderful time doing so. Between Richard Nakka and James Yawn, I was having an amazing time.

Getting married, put a damper on funds so I stepped away after failing my very flight at Manchester then sold James all of my Loki cases.

I've missed it terribly lol. So here I am. Looking through my old posts, flight videos, my first EX Kno3 flights and desperately wanting to get back into it.

I pulled out my equipment and took inventory. I'm going to have to look into cases and replacement equipment that I parted with back then. Now that the lawsuit was settled and life is back to normal for rocketeers, nows a better time than any to jump back in. So what have I missed? Any clubs in Georgia? Any TRA clubs in GA? I'm pumped!!

DallasImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1475803375.116520.jpgImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1475803387.113277.jpg

Last edited:
Yes welcome back, just in time to prep for Black Friday sales, man does your wife know what she has married into?

Welcome back...
I think most come back eventually, , lol...

Teddy

I couldn't help but notice that a Loki retailer has commented already... Teddy, I got my eye on you.

Thanks guys. If I recall correctly I had some of the very first cases that Loki had released when they were still considered EX motor hardware. I launched my first L1 on an H144.

Just seeing some of the advancements that have been made over the years makes it exciting.

[video=youtube;xZzEzDkeHzI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZzEzDkeHzI[/video]

hahahahahahaha,,
Hey comon Tony,,, lol...
I always welcome everyone....

Brn again,, Those H 144's are just as cool as ever ,,,
the hardware is cooler,,,
when you check out the cocktails your going to flip....

You'll find the advancements in electronics just unreal though...

Good luck,,enjoy,, and be safe....

Teddy

Welcome back !

Lotsa different motors to buy and try out there .. you can even pop off a few AeroTech DMS while you decide what hardware is the best investment for you ...cert specials are on hiatus right now .

Kenny

Welcome back !

Lotsa different motors to buy and try out there .. you can even pop off a few AeroTech DMS while you decide what hardware is the best investment for you ...cert specials are on hiatus right now .

Kenny

I was noticing the costs of reloads. So much has changed. If there are any tips you guys have for someone that was here through the early 2000's to experience the ATF fiasco, but just returned, what advice would you give? What do I need to know now that we wouldn't have known then?

I haven't been into it since back then, just a few years, but from what I understand:
  • Altimeters are way better now.
  • GPS tracking is available.
  • APCP is not ATF-regulated any more.

I was noticing the costs of reloads. So much has changed. If there are any tips you guys have for someone that was here through the early 2000's to experience the ATF fiasco, but just returned, what advice would you give? What do I need to know now that we wouldn't have known then?

That cost of loads question will go for 10 pages here...
If you want to learn about different loads look at the price of the load and it's thrust curve ....
Then you can make an informed decision for yourself...

Teddy

Thanks for the insight teddy. I have to say the stuff coming out of Loki now looks amazing!!

With exception to the Black Jack reloads, all of the reloads for the Aerotech 29mm hardware (not the classic 29/40-120 "hobby" hardware) can ship HAZMAT free. This gives you an F through I impulse range with about 15 or so reload options. You could go the DMS route and not worry at all about hardware, but all DMS motors require HAZMAT shipping. Almost all DMS motors come with an adjustable 14 second delay, which is also nice :).

Sorry, but I am biased...
I do love the Loki loads and hardware...
Every load for the 38 / 120 case ships no haz mat...
Every load for the 38 / 240 case ships no haz mat...
4 out of 6 loads for the 38 / 480 case ships no haz mat...

Now check the price of the loads, their total Ns output for the money and their thrustcurve.....

OK,, sorry,, I had to do it,, lol...

Teddy

Just purchased the eggtimer Quantum! Where were these sexeh altimeters years ago?!

I'm looking at the Loki hardware and these thrust curves are amazing lol. I think I may pick up the 2 smaller cases and plausibly pick up the proX intro starter kit.

Wanna see some cool thrust curves...
Check the I 430 LB...
There are quite a few Loki thrust curves that look like that..
It's on,, it burns,, it's off.. lol...

Teddy

Back