Igniter Poll

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cajunman06

Reaction score
Informal poll: Needing opinions on what is your personal favorite/most reliable ignitor for AT reloads in the D thru G range. At this time, I'm not looking for info on the larger motors. Thanks.

C

I've actually had good luck with the copperheads, not dipped or anything.

Hey, will Ignitor Man ignitors also work for Estes black powder motors? I friend of mine donated around 80+ motors that he wanted to get rid off (he says it was more of a hassle to keep them than give them, so I said SURE!) for my science fair project. Only problem is he only gave me about 20 ignitors. I sure don't want to buy Estes ignitors which cost 6 for $3 (rip off!).
Thanks

I have used Quickburst Twiggy's for F & G, they burn hot and I have yet to see one fail.

Originally posted by rocketsonly
Hey, will Ignitor Man ignitors also work for Estes black powder motors? I friend of mine donated around 80+ motors that he wanted to get rid off (he says it was more of a hassle to keep them than give them, so I said SURE!) for my science fair project. Only problem is he only gave me about 20 ignitors. I sure don't want to buy Estes ignitors which cost 6 for $3 (rip off!).
Thanks

They will work without any pyrogen, just the conductive primer (i think thats it). You could make your own ignitors with conductive primer easier, use graphite dust and mix it with nail polish then dip category 5 network wire in it. No need to wrap the wire either.

I agree with Joe, that one of the best pre-made igniters is definitely the Quickburst line. As far as igniter kits I'm rather partial to the Magnalite kit; very simple and easy.

Quickburst all the way. Never had a failure. I've used them for AT motors E - I.

Keith

Ignitorman works great. I am currently dipping 30ga twisted pair wirewrap wire. I use these for E9 clusters thru G. Rather than dip primer only igniters for the BP motors, I just dip them all for general use.

Magelite works great too.

Back