IGNITE Foundation

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
It is with great pride that I announce that I was recently selected as a member of the Board of Directors for the IGNITE Foundation, Inc., (see: https://www.ignitefoundation.org/ )

Founded by Becky Cross in October of 2002, the IGNITE Foundation, Inc. (Innovative Ground Networking in Technology Education) is a national 501c3 enrichment program for K and up schools designed to bring technology education to our children.

The web site is a classic "work in progress" with so much going on and never enough time to get it all done. (and, *no*, *I* am not writing this web site -- 'sif I haven't *enough* to do LOL)

Through IGNITE, Jim Flis and FlisKits (as two separate entities) will be partnering with many other companies and educational organizations to help educate our youth in areas of technology (not limited to physics and space, but all technologies).

The web site says it best and I encourage you to take but a small moment to scan through it. Everybody can participate and help our youth grow into this world we have created.

There will be a partnership announcement on the FlisKits web site in the next week or two, discussing a new fundraising program that we are involved with IGNITE on.

more as it becomes available!
jim

Congratulations Jim! I know that IGNITE has got a winner on their hands by selecting you for a board membership.

Jim, this looks terrific. I just gave the site a quick look and really like what I see going on there. How to show kids the excitement of science and technology is something I've been thinking about for some time. Suffice to say that I don't think standard classroom science curricula are adequate. Some talk about it. You guys are actually doing something about it. My sincerest thanks for what you are doing. Going back now to look at more of the details concerning IGNITE.

Congratulations Jim! looks like a great program.
good to see you found something to do with your spare time......

Originally posted by SwingWing
Congratulations Jim! looks like a great program.
good to see you found something to do with your spare time......

Yea, well, this is how I *relax*, you see... :)

Back