If you're going to the TARC Finals in Virginia....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n5wd

Reaction score
Saturday, May 16, is the finals of the Team America Rocketry Challenge. The event will be held at The Great Meadows equestrian center in The Plains, site of so many other rocket history-making events.

We're going to be in Manassas on Friday afternoon and are open to suggestions if anyone else wants to get together for dinner before the contestants briefing at 7:00 pm.

At the contest site, we're planning to have a 10' popup tent with the Texas flag on top as our base of operations - feel free to drop by and say "hey" and grab some shade and watch the rockets fly... It'd be nice to put some faces to the login names... and maybe we can post some pix after the contest, of the TRF's and RP'ers that drop by, both contestants and contest staff as well!

And as always... hope everyone has good luck, low winds, no rain and straight flights!

Wayne
team sponsor - Northwest HS Texans TARC team

Since I have to be at the staff meeting at 5PM we plan to take our group to the Golden Corral AFTER the student orientation. There are plenty of good places to eat in the area, just remember that the traffic is terrible in the evening so eat early and allow plenty of time to get to the school.Hope to see you there - stop over and meet the Penn Manor kids.

Just got back a little bit ago.

I had the 1/38th Scale Saturn V that flew on the K1275. So you can put my screen name with a rocket :p

Ben

I had the 1/38th Scale Saturn V that flew on the K1275.

And, that was a very pretty flight to watch, indeed, Ben. Too bad about Trip's first launch, eh? I didn't notice - did he get it out of the tree?

And, that was a very pretty flight to watch, indeed, Ben. Too bad about Trip's first launch, eh? I didn't notice - did he get it out of the tree?

he did. and right as he was being announced the winds picked up. He then said "There needs to be a sacrafice to the rocket gods" !!! :roll:

It was funny because he almost hit the same tree with his Nike Smoke!!

The saturn WILL be back. I would love to fly it next year. Going to talk to CTI and see if I can get some motors for this thing. Like a K1200 White and 4 H225 white outboards?! That would be insane!

Ben

Back